WTS: Radical trinocular polarizing microscope

Have a problem finding shops that sell specific materials? Ask here. Are you looking for microscope parts? Do you have anything to offer for sale? Note: this is not a section for external companies to advertise their products.
microcosmos

WTS: Radical trinocular polarizing microscope

#1 Post by microcosmos » Fri Jul 23, 2021 9:58 am

Hello,

I have a spare Radical RPL-3T polarizing microscope that's a little over a month old. It's not well-made like the major brands but it works and has the fittings for optical mineralogy. It also has an epi-illuminator.

I wrote a review of it that some of you may have seen, where I described the specifications with photos and detailed the mechanical and optical problems.

I have changed to a better microscope but I think this Radical instrument could work as a teaching instrument for demonstrating transmitted and reflected polarizing microscopy, as well as conoscopic observation. And of course, as my review explains, how not to construct a microscope.

It is small and light enough to be easily lifted and put in a car for travelling, not like those research-grade instruments that weigh 20+ kg.

It's the kind of microscope you can let your kids play with and not worry too much about them destroying things.

Most conventional student microscopes do not have components such as polarizers, compensation plates, rotating vernier stage etc. but this one does.

I bought it at an affordable price and will let go of it for less, plus shipping in the original box.

If you're interested, let me know and we can discuss further.

Thank you!