Zeiss Inverted Microscopes for Sale

Have a problem finding shops that sell specific materials? Ask here. Are you looking for microscope parts? Do you have anything to offer for sale? Note: this is not a section for external companies to advertise their products.
stitchy.mitch

Zeiss Inverted Microscopes for Sale

#1 Post by stitchy.mitch » Sun Oct 03, 2021 5:03 am

I have two inverted microscopes for sale by Zeiss:

1.) Zeiss Axiovert S100 Fluorescence Phase Contrast Microscope

Includes:
-Working HAL 100 light source
-E-PL 10x/20 eyepieces in excellent condition, no delamination
-Blue light filter
-Printed out manual
-Phase condenser
-Objectives:

Zeiss APLAN 2.5x/0.06
Zeiss APLAN 5x/0.12Ph0
Zeiss APLAN Ph1 10x
Zeiss Ph1 Plan Neofluar 10x/0.30- unfortunately I believe there is delamination, and I am including it in the sale with no cost. You may have luck fixing it.
Zeiss LD APLAN 20x/0.30 Ph1

Asking: $1400 USD + shipping. I'll ship anywhere as long as you don't mind the cost. I am trying to price reasonably, but I'll take feedback in PM on offers or if I'm off base.

The scope itself is in excellent condition. Everything turns and moves smoothly including the phase ring selector ring, coarse and fine focus, as well as the stage.
Cosmetic condition on exterior is very good to excellent with no blemishes, scratches or stains. Only some wear on the stage, but no gouging or scratches.

2.) Zeiss Axiovert 25

Includes:

-2 Zeiss 10x/18 Plan achromatic eyepieces in great shape, no delamination
-25/35W halogen light source
-Blue filter
-Slider with Ph 0-0,4, 1-0, 4 and what looks like a neutral density filter
-Printed out manual

Asking: $900 USD + shipping. I'll ship anywhere as long as you don't mind the cost. I am trying to price reasonably, but I'll take feedback in PM on offers or if I'm off base.

The scope itself is in excellent condition. Everything turns and moves smoothly including the phase ring selector ring, coarse and fine focus, as well as the stage.
Cosmetic condition on exterior is very good to excellent with no blemishes, scratches or stains. Only some wear on the stage, but no gouging or scratches.

I can just as easily add the objectives from the S100 over to the 25 if you prefer this platform, and change costs from there.

I'll edit this post to add inline photos in the next day or so, but I'll place feelers here for now.

Seb28

Re: Zeiss Inverted Microscopes for Sale

#2 Post by Seb28 » Wed Nov 24, 2021 10:28 am

Any images?
-Reichert Polyvar
-Olympus IX70
-Zeiss Photomicroscope
-Canon 600D

stitchy.mitch

#3 Post by stitchy.mitch » Thu Nov 25, 2021 6:24 am

Sorry about that Seb, all. I'll take some time tomorrow and edit this with decent inline images.

stitchy.mitch

#4 Post by stitchy.mitch » Sat Nov 27, 2021 6:28 am

Hello again, I have images hosted on imgur, sorry for the long wait I get very caught up with life and don't focus always on important things, like microscopes.

I'd really like to avoid ebay, and am happy to speak with a buyer on what they believe is fair.

-Mitchell

the images: https://imgur.com/a/AskRuKs

stitchy.mitch

#5 Post by stitchy.mitch » Wed Aug 31, 2022 8:03 pm

Bump.

I'm not as familiar with the value of inverted microscopes. I'd like to offer a good deal to someone who could make use of the scopes for their lab or hobby. Please feel free to send me a message on what you think it is fair.

-Mitchell

stitchy.mitch

#6 Post by stitchy.mitch » Sat Dec 17, 2022 9:48 pm

Asking $900 and $500 USD, respectively, now.

-Mitchell

stitchy.mitch

#7 Post by stitchy.mitch » Sat Feb 11, 2023 6:37 am

I'd be very interested to see what people feel these are worth, its okay if its less than I think they are.

hypancistrus

#8 Post by hypancistrus » Sat Feb 11, 2023 6:31 pm

As a “newbie” watching auction sites, I’ve noticed prices fluctuate a lot. I bought objectives that sold for twice as much and found some sold for twice that in the course of a month.

My only guess is that this is a hobby that’s not hugely price sensitive over tens of dollars. When people need it for their hobby, the people who want that kind of thing, can afford it.

Same with a small business… less price sensitive.

I bought an inverted scope last week for $110 (shipped) with objectives but recently someone on eBay bought the same one for $300…

Not that you asked for my opinion but since no one was responding to you…

hypancistrus

#9 Post by hypancistrus » Sat Feb 11, 2023 6:34 pm

Oh… I sold one of the objectives from my $110 scope for $90 last night and I thought I asked too much… it wasn’t even on auction for an hour…

BramHuntingNematodes

#10 Post by BramHuntingNematodes » Sat Feb 11, 2023 7:13 pm

An inverted scope is most excellent for someone that would like to observe a.habitat. an aquarium can be made by epoxying a large cover slip to the bottom of a plastic petri dish with a hole drilled or cut in the bottom. Pond water can be put in and the inhabitants can be kept alive for a long time for extended viewing. If you don't have an inverted scope I would suggest you consider it as.these look to be excellent instruments at very good prices.
1942 Bausch and Lomb Series T Dynoptic, Custom Illumination

Wes

#11 Post by Wes » Sat Feb 11, 2023 11:35 pm

BramHuntingNematodes wrote:
Sat Feb 11, 2023 7:13 pm
An inverted scope is most excellent for someone that would like to observe a.habitat. an aquarium can be made by epoxying a large cover slip to the bottom of a plastic petri dish with a hole drilled or cut in the bottom. Pond water can be put in and the inhabitants can be kept alive for a long time for extended viewing. If you don't have an inverted scope I would suggest you consider it as.these look to be excellent instruments at very good prices.
I got a Zeiss Axiovert S100 recently and I can vouch for this micro-aquarium approach. I haven't prepared a classical slide in months, but focused entirely on petri dishes with a coverslip on the bottom. Its absolutely fascinating to observe microbes' behaviour in a relative undisturbed environment (at least compared to a classical slide preparation). I found that there appears to be an optimum thickness of the water column above the coverslip and it works best with microbes that adhere to the coverslip.
Attachments
20230212_002457.jpg
20230212_002457.jpg (79.55 KiB) Viewed 3168 times
Zeiss Photomicroscope III BF/DF/Pol/Ph/DIC/FL/Jamin-Lebedeff
Youtube channel

einman

#12 Post by einman » Tue May 02, 2023 12:58 am

Did these sell?

stitchy.mitch

#13 Post by stitchy.mitch » Sat Jan 27, 2024 10:30 pm

Hey Einman, not yet, feel free to PM me.

einman

#14 Post by einman » Sun Jan 28, 2024 12:05 am

stitchy.mitch wrote:
Sat Jan 27, 2024 10:30 pm
Hey Einman, not yet, feel free to PM me.
Thanks. However, I have already picked up an Axiovert.

Good luck on the sale.

stitchy.mitch

#15 Post by stitchy.mitch » Tue Jan 30, 2024 12:43 am

Thank you Einman!