OLYMPUS FOR SALE - retiring from microscopy.

Have a problem finding shops that sell specific materials? Ask here. Are you looking for microscope parts? Do you have anything to offer for sale? Note: this is not a section for external companies to advertise their products.
mrsonchus

OLYMPUS FOR SALE - retiring from microscopy.

#1 Post by mrsonchus » Sat Oct 23, 2021 8:24 pm

Hi all, it's with great regret in many ways, and after a lot of careful consideration, that I've decided to hang-up my microscopy hat (at least as far as any more practical work or slide-making is concerned)....

So, the up-shot of this decision is that I'm offering a LOT of top-quality equipment for sale over the coming days and weeks. Unfortunately I'm only able to sell to U.K. buyers - sorry.

Main Items:
Complete and perfect all:-
SOLD SOLD Olympus BX50 trinocular infinity compound 'scope with 6 objectives, 4x, 10x, 20x, 40x, 60x, 100x
*Complete Olympus SZH stereo CMO 'scope with two objectives, 1x and 2x, on swivel-changer
SOLD SOLD *Complete Olympus phase contrast kit - condenser and objectives
SOLD SOLD *Complete Olympus polarization kit complete with half-lambda slide-in retardation plate

Many more including the correct photo-tube adapters and projection-optics for camera connection to both of these fine 'scopes - all genuine Olympus parts.

I haven't listed the SZH yet as I haven't taken any images or prepared a listing yet, should have this in place tomorrow (Sunday) though.

If you'd like to know more please contact me via pm here at this forum.
Last edited by mrsonchus on Thu Nov 04, 2021 8:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.
John B

einman

Re: OLYMPUS FOR SALE - retiring from microscopy.

#2 Post by einman » Wed Nov 03, 2021 1:08 am

So I have not posted for a while. I have many interests besides micrsocopy. But I tend to focus more on microscopy as the winter comes on. So I log on my favorite micrsocopy forum only to see this sad posting!! Why? Why? why?

Just curious given the amount of energy you have devoted over the years.

KurtM

#3 Post by KurtM » Thu Nov 04, 2021 12:45 am

Now there's voice given to what many of us have been wondering...
Cheers,
Kurt Maurer
League City, Texas
email: ngc704(at)gmail(dot)com
https://www.flickr.com/photos/67904872@ ... 912223623/

Scarodactyl

#4 Post by Scarodactyl » Thu Nov 04, 2021 1:05 am

Ywahhh I didn't want to pry, but at the same time your prescence will definitely be missed.

dtsh

#5 Post by dtsh » Thu Nov 04, 2021 1:17 am

Scarodactyl wrote:
Thu Nov 04, 2021 1:05 am
Ywahhh I didn't want to pry, but at the same time your prescence will definitely be missed.
Same. The number of times an internet search has returned me to a thread here where he was providing the information I was after...

SWmicro

#6 Post by SWmicro » Thu Nov 04, 2021 2:14 am

will definitely be missed.
seconded and thirded !

So much amazing input you have given, such an inspiration, as a mere beginner I had not much to contribute, in the absence of a "thank you" or "like" button I felt that I would be just clogging up a thread :(
I have read and learned a lot from your contributions so,
whatever the reasons - bon voyage on your next adventure :)

ps. expat Cumberland-er

ScienceMatters

#7 Post by ScienceMatters » Thu Nov 04, 2021 2:40 am

Yeah, you’re one of the best people on here and we will miss you greatly!

microcosmos

#8 Post by microcosmos » Thu Nov 04, 2021 4:16 am

Enjoy your next great adventure. Before you go, let us know what you find with the parallel polarizers (in the other thread) if you can! Come "visit" us often!

charlie g

#9 Post by charlie g » Sat Nov 06, 2021 3:42 am

Thank you, John/Mr.Sonchus, for your shared energy and wisdom in this forum, god speed on your years ahead. We may ask the waterbears in your garden to get back to this group to hear how things go for family and you.

Thank you for having our group visit your botanical microtech laboratory many times..I miss that wax and those wonderful sections..that dance of dyes and microanatomy.

Your encouragement to all of forum members so genuine, yes, yes. The permanent mounted botanical slides I obtained from you are deeply satisfying..too observe, or to observe and compare with botanical text discussions, the text right at my bench. Hear, hear for John/Mr.Sonchus warmly, charlie g.

Roldorf

#10 Post by Roldorf » Sat Nov 06, 2021 10:23 am

That's a shame. Of the 6 friends I have listed there are now only 2 active on the forum, what I am going to do?

Unknown Brand: Optika SFX 91: Bresser Science Infinity: Canon 4000d
ImageImage