Wanted: Hobby microscope

Have a problem finding shops that sell specific materials? Ask here. Are you looking for microscope parts? Do you have anything to offer for sale? Note: this is not a section for external companies to advertise their products.
AntaS

Wanted: Hobby microscope

#1 Post by AntaS » Mon Apr 18, 2022 1:29 pm

Please, looking for a used, working and checked microscope (or maybe a small service for completing) for a serious hobby photomicrography for a wide range of interests - crystals, ice, transparent and opaque specimens, surfaces (if it works, then planning to add for example https://moticeurope.com/en/ccis-e-plan- ... d55mm.html later). I don't have any reasonable access to repair or second hand shops.

Location Estonia, so I would prefer EU offers because of import taxes and transport costs. Photocamera Olympus M5 (MFT), budget max, say, 900 € if I get a dream (mic, polarisation, photo equipment are must, option would be nice), but after some homework it seems that it may be possible to get a decent used equipment, maybe even a trinocular even for a lower price? Easily accessible parts-options (add nosepiece) for upgrading later would also be a plus.

Best to all!

imkap

Re: Wanted: Hobby microscope

#2 Post by imkap » Mon Apr 18, 2022 2:26 pm

This site is in EU, recommended by a forum member to me. I think these are refurbished, therefore the prices are higher...

http://thilo-immel-optics.de/komplettmikroskope.htm

I bought a Zeiss standard GFL locally and an Olympus sz40 on ebay (Italy). Both turned out great, although I did quite a lot of 'work' on the Zeiss. Olympus is great as is... Just cleaned the eyepieces from dust.

If you're patient you can get a lot for 900€... Just look for a modular microscope and all sorts of accessories might pop up eventually.

If you're lucky maybe someone on the forum has something for sale.