1949 Ernst Lietz Wetzlar Binocular Scope

Have a problem finding shops that sell specific materials? Ask here. Are you looking for microscope parts? Do you have anything to offer for sale? Note: this is not a section for external companies to advertise their products.
Biologyteacher

1949 Ernst Lietz Wetzlar Binocular Scope

#1 Post by Biologyteacher » Tue Apr 19, 2022 9:44 pm

I’ve identified my microscope by the number on the microscope. I believe it is a BS 48/92K made in 1949. Does anyone know where I can get it appraised? I am located in U.S.

dtsh

Re: 1949 Ernst Lietz Wetzlar Binocular Scope

#2 Post by dtsh » Wed Apr 20, 2022 12:00 am

Pictures will help immensely, but without further details I'd estimate somewhere around $100-$250 for an average one one with run of the mill objectives and condenser.
There are some Leitz parts that can change that estimate dramatically though as some condensers and objectives can be worth significantly more than the rest of the microscope (Heine condenser, phase contrast, apochromatic objectives,etc); so again, pics are going to help get an idea of what you have and what it's really worth.

Try to get good detail of any markings on the objectives and condenser; and as always, condition matters too.