WANTED Olympus U-READB

Have a problem finding shops that sell specific materials? Ask here. Are you looking for microscope parts? Do you have anything to offer for sale? Note: this is not a section for external companies to advertise their products.
LeoSzilard

WANTED Olympus U-READB

#1 Post by LeoSzilard » Sat Jun 25, 2022 1:47 pm

I’m cobbling together a microscope and I would like to upgrade the revolving nosepiece of a BX40 to a 6-place turret with analyzer slot. I believe I need the U-READB to properly adapt from the BX40 to the new turret. If anyone has a lead on a U-READB for sale, I would greatly appreciate it!

PeteM

Re: WANTED Olympus U-READB

#2 Post by PeteM » Sat Jun 25, 2022 3:40 pm

As you've discovered, they're hard to find. Hopefully someone here can help you.

One work-around if you have access to machine tools to get six place turrets is to adapt your BX40 to to BH2 nosepieces. A six place BX nosepiece might be $250 plus. You could buy a couple BH2 era of equal quality for that. Somewhere on this site are pix of the one I made years ago.

One workaround for the analyzer is to put an intermediate piece above the stand.

LeoSzilard

Re: WANTED Olympus U-READB

#3 Post by LeoSzilard » Sat Jun 25, 2022 3:47 pm

Thanks! I think I did see your post about adapting bh2 turrets to bx40. I will give some more thought to which direction I want to go.