For sale : NIKON PlanApo 20x, 40x, 100x

Have a problem finding shops that sell specific materials? Ask here. Are you looking for microscope parts? Do you have anything to offer for sale? Note: this is not a section for external companies to advertise their products.
Dr. Fungi

For sale : NIKON PlanApo 20x, 40x, 100x

#1 Post by Dr. Fungi » Wed Sep 21, 2022 3:57 am

Dear Sir.

I want to sell these old fashioned lens.

NIKON PlanApo 20/0.75
NIKON PlanApo 40/0.95
NIKON PlanApo 100/1.40Oil

All are in very good condition for their age. However, in the case of the 40x, the collar adjustment ring is a bit stiff.
As a result of checking all lenses with a stereo microscope, the condition of the lenses was also excellent.

I will put the sale on hold.
1111111111111.jpg
1111111111111.jpg (84.91 KiB) Viewed 2195 times
2222222222.jpg
2222222222.jpg (68.18 KiB) Viewed 2195 times
Last edited by Dr. Fungi on Tue Oct 18, 2022 6:00 am, edited 2 times in total.

abednego1995

Re: For sale : NIKON PlanApo 20x, 40x, 100x

#2 Post by abednego1995 » Fri Sep 23, 2022 1:51 am

NOTICE: Those particular planapos (all three) came up on a Japanese auction site first in early August. The first buyer refused reciept, and the seller relisted it and succeeded in selling them later the same month. All three have serious dents, and will not focus properly. The PA20x is dented so bad, the spring safety is jammed (evident in photo).

If you intend to sell honestly, show the dents.

apochronaut

#3 Post by apochronaut » Fri Sep 23, 2022 7:39 am

Actually, during the covid pandemic, an impromptu match of Seokjeon broke out during lunch between two rival research teams from one of South Korea's better known labs, at least it was up until that episode anyway. Lacking a supply of the traditional stones to throw at each other, the participants utilized various other similarly sized objects close at hand. You think these are bad : not a single glass stopper survived intact.

Dr. Fungi

#4 Post by Dr. Fungi » Sun Sep 25, 2022 7:54 am

abednego1995 wrote:
Fri Sep 23, 2022 1:51 am
NOTICE: Those particular planapos (all three) came up on a Japanese auction site first in early August. The first buyer refused reciept, and the seller relisted it and succeeded in selling them later the same month. All three have serious dents, and will not focus properly. The PA20x is dented so bad, the spring safety is jammed (evident in photo).

If you intend to sell honestly, show the dents.

I think I have to write a lot. I don't speak English very well, so I rely a lot on Google Translate. So subtle nuanced differences can lead to misunderstandings.

First of all I don't know where these lenses come from. I purchased these about 1 week ago. The reason I bought these is because I want to try the planapo 100x NA1.4 and relatively low price despite the high NA.

In fact, the rest of the magnification was of little interest. When I compared the latest planapo 100x NA1.4 side by side, I noticed a slight difference, so I decided to sell it because I didn't have a reason to have it.

When I got lens, first thing I checked was the checking lens surface by stereomicroscope and it was satisfied. After checking lens surface, I noticed that there are a few scratches, but the rest of the area has a smooth surface and a clean.

Honestly, the 40x only recognized that the collar was a bit stiff, and the 20x wasn't interested at all.

After seeing what you wrote, I checked 20x again and found the dent you mentioned(maybe). You may not believe me, but this is true. So I'll attach it to the photo.

The reason I posted the sales post here is that very few people in Korea have a microscope. I'm 39 years old, and I have never seen anyone with a microscope in my entire life except school. When I say I have a microscope, people are amazed. So there is no microscope community, and therefore no second-hand market. ㅁActually there is only one community that sells various kinds of laboratory equipment, most of sellers are professional laboratory equipment second-hand suppliers. I had also purchased this lens through there.

This is the history of this thing that I know.

Now I have something I want to say. You told me "If you intend to sell honestly, show the dents." this: I feel like I've deliberately expressed the problem as if I'm trying to hide it and sell it.
If I were you, I would saying " where did you buy it? or Is there any other dent in the 20x or other lens?? or Is there any other issues.?? "

And I have a question. I don't know how you know much about these lenses, but If you know something about these lenses, can you tell me?

............I have a lot to say about how I feel, but it's frustrating because of the language.
333.jpg
333.jpg (84.25 KiB) Viewed 2018 times
Last edited by Dr. Fungi on Sun Sep 25, 2022 7:59 am, edited 1 time in total.

Dr. Fungi

#5 Post by Dr. Fungi » Sun Sep 25, 2022 7:55 am

apochronaut wrote:
Fri Sep 23, 2022 7:39 am
Actually, during the covid pandemic, an impromptu match of Seokjeon broke out during lunch between two rival research teams from one of South Korea's better known labs, at least it was up until that episode anyway. Lacking a supply of the traditional stones to throw at each other, the participants utilized various other similarly sized objects close at hand. You think these are bad : not a single glass stopper survived intact.
Is this a figurative expression? I can't understand. sorry for my english.

abednego1995

#6 Post by abednego1995 » Sun Sep 25, 2022 10:38 am

Dr. Fungi wrote:
Sun Sep 25, 2022 7:54 am
Now I have something I want to say. You told me "If you intend to sell honestly, show the dents." this: I feel like I've deliberately expressed the problem as if I'm trying to hide it and sell it.
If I were you, I would saying " where did you buy it? or Is there any other dent in the 20x or other lens?? or Is there any other issues.?? "
Why I know all about these objectives? That's because I was the first buyer who refused receipt. I know those objectives.
I feel sorry about you being burned by buying faulty objectives, but this and that is a different matter.

Dr. Fungi

#7 Post by Dr. Fungi » Sun Sep 25, 2022 1:29 pm

abednego1995 wrote:
Sun Sep 25, 2022 10:38 am
Dr. Fungi wrote:
Sun Sep 25, 2022 7:54 am
Why I know all about these objectives? That's because I was the first buyer who refused receipt. I know those objectives.
I feel sorry about you being burned by buying faulty objectives, but this and that is a different matter.
Did you buy these object for the first time? How amazing.
As you know, these three lenses hafe surface scratch but are there any problems with performance? Maybe it's because I'm a beginner, but it seemed to good at focal plane. Of course, the sharpness was lower than the latest NA 1.40 objective lens.

I have question.
If there is no performance problem, is there a big difference compared to the latest planapo NA 1.4 ?
The condition of the lens was very good when viewed under a stereomicroscope. Do you think that if the lens can be disassembled and cleaned, it can return to its original performance?

Thanks.

abednego1995

#8 Post by abednego1995 » Mon Sep 26, 2022 1:54 am

Those NCF Planapos are quite good objectives, even by current standards given that they aren't damaged. Surface scratches are one thing to look for, but with high NA objectives a sharp ding is enough to shift the elements inside. That will show as all sorts of aberrations, most people will mention it as a "lack of sharpness".

If the PA100x were intact, I would expect it to perform near par to a current PA100x. NCF objectives are that good.
And... about disassembly, it will probably be a one way job. It isn't "impossible" to adjust such an objective, but should be considered as such.

Wes

#9 Post by Wes » Mon Sep 26, 2022 8:45 am

These objectives will make a fine paperweight.
Zeiss Photomicroscope III BF/DF/Pol/Ph/DIC/FL/Jamin-Lebedeff
Youtube channel

Dr. Fungi

#10 Post by Dr. Fungi » Wed Sep 28, 2022 4:23 am

abednego1995 wrote:
Mon Sep 26, 2022 1:54 am
Those NCF Planapos are quite good objectives, even by current standards given that they aren't damaged. Surface scratches are one thing to look for, but with high NA objectives a sharp ding is enough to shift the elements inside. That will show as all sorts of aberrations, most people will mention it as a "lack of sharpness".

If the PA100x were intact, I would expect it to perform near par to a current PA100x. NCF objectives are that good.
And... about disassembly, it will probably be a one way job. It isn't "impossible" to adjust such an objective, but should be considered as such.
I studied how to disassemble the objevtive lenses through YouTube and google.
And when I disassembled and checked, each lens's surface was amazingly prinstine.
The 40x wiped off the hardened grease and re-lubricated and it become very smooth.
As you said, I thought that the dent of the housing might affect the lens arrangement. I plan to contact Nikon and ask for a sevice.
Thanks to you, I was able to study more about the lens and it was an opportunity to try disassembling it.