Buying Olympus parts, lots of stuff for sale.

Have a problem finding shops that sell specific materials? Ask here. Are you looking for microscope parts? Do you have anything to offer for sale? Note: this is not a section for external companies to advertise their products.
Macro_Cosmos

Buying Olympus parts, lots of stuff for sale.

#1 Post by Macro_Cosmos » Wed Oct 05, 2022 2:01 am

Hi,
I want to buy the following, used or new.

Inverted microscope stuff:
IX-ADUCD
IX-ATU
IX3-ILL
IX3-RFCAS
IX3-CAS
IX3-D6RES
IX stage
IX3-AN

DIC Prisms:
U-ODIC40HR
U-ODIC60HR
U-ODIC100HR

Yokogawa CSU-10 any condition.

Visit my eBay store to see my junk and reply to this thread to cut out the middle man for a discount/better offer.
https://www.ebay.com/usr/danny7271994?_ ... 3561.l2559

Thanks for looking and happy microscopy.

rogeliomoreno

Re: Buying Olympus parts, lots of stuff for sale.

#2 Post by rogeliomoreno » Sun Oct 09, 2022 11:23 pm

Hi,

What part of CSU-10 are you looking for?

Rogelio

BramHuntingNematodes

#3 Post by BramHuntingNematodes » Mon Oct 10, 2022 4:29 am

Ah, I bought the B&L condenser. I am hoping it is the variable focus type as I would like it for an ancient Bausch stand of.mine. Anyway, I can say you certainly were easy to work with
1942 Bausch and Lomb Series T Dynoptic, Custom Illumination

Macro_Cosmos

#4 Post by Macro_Cosmos » Tue Oct 11, 2022 2:21 am

BramHuntingNematodes wrote:
Mon Oct 10, 2022 4:29 am
Ah, I bought the B&L condenser. I am hoping it is the variable focus type as I would like it for an ancient Bausch stand of.mine. Anyway, I can say you certainly were easy to work with
I have no idea how that condenser works, but I can confidently guess it is a "focus type". There are two dials, one is the NA dial with seems to be locked by a setting screw. The other translates some internal optics up and down. I removed the oblique plate, that was the part I wanted for some DIY stuff that will likely never happen.

rogeliomoreno wrote:
Sun Oct 09, 2022 11:23 pm
Hi,

Rogelio
Do you have the power supply? What is the wattage? I would also like the mounting hardware and any manuals/guides.
Erm, are you the same Rogelio that has won multiple NikonSmallWorld contests?

BramHuntingNematodes

#5 Post by BramHuntingNematodes » Tue Oct 11, 2022 2:53 am

Perfect! Exactly as I had hoped for. An oblique plate would be nifty, but I think for this one a.good old iris I'm fixing up will do

rogeliomoreno

#6 Post by rogeliomoreno » Tue Oct 11, 2022 10:34 pm

Macro_Cosmos wrote:
Tue Oct 11, 2022 2:21 am
Do you have the power supply? What is the wattage? I would also like the mounting hardware and any manuals/guides.
The power supply of mine is: 12V 2.5A (PHIHONG Model PSA-30U-120, center positive). Mine has parallel image rays (at exit port to the camera, I have to work on what Achromatic Doublets to use to form the image on the camera).

I am also looking for the manuals.

Yes, I am that Rogelio. :D

BramHuntingNematodes

#7 Post by BramHuntingNematodes » Mon Oct 17, 2022 11:49 pm

Macro_Cosmos wrote:
Tue Oct 11, 2022 2:21 am
Mon Oct 10, 2022 4:29 am
I have no idea how that condenser works, but I can confidently guess it is a "focus type". There are two dials, one is the NA dial with seems to be locked by a setting screw. The other translates some internal optics up and down. I removed the oblique plate, that was the part I wanted for some DIY stuff that will likely never happen.

rogeliomoreno wrote:
Sun Oct 09, 2022 11:23 pm
Hi,

Rogelio
It arrived today oh boy it is a fine piece it has an internal iris that functions one of the pins is broken but the twelve or so leaves make.up.for.it. it is quite large. Too large for standard holders it maybe was meant for some fancy centering one perhaps apo knows

Macro_Cosmos

#8 Post by Macro_Cosmos » Mon Oct 24, 2022 12:31 am

Mon Oct 17, 2022 11:49 pm
It arrived today oh boy it is a fine piece it has an internal iris that functions one of the pins is broken but the twelve or so leaves make.up.for.it. it is quite large. Too large for standard holders it maybe was meant for some fancy centering one perhaps apo knows
Glad you are happy with it, sorry to head about the issues though. I know next to nothing when it comes to many of these vintage parts, I should have listed it as parts in hindsight. I hope the iris is fixable, I have fixed several goofy irises of different condensers and microscopes.

The condenser was large and very heavy. You can try and shine a torch through it and examine the projected lightspot. If it is free of any chromatic aberration, it is considered apochromatic in my book. :lol:

BramHuntingNematodes

#9 Post by BramHuntingNematodes » Mon Oct 24, 2022 3:16 am

I'm familiar with the lens arrangement. It is certainly B&L's finest variable focus achromat condenser. The iris could easily be fixed, but as it works more or less just fine I will leave it as it is. I am now think how to adapt or manufacture a condenser holder for it. Quite a catch, a piece I have been looking for for a.few years. There was another I have seen for sale, but I think without the internal iris, which is incredible to see in person.