Wanted: Swift SW380T LED Bulb

Have a problem finding shops that sell specific materials? Ask here. Are you looking for microscope parts? Do you have anything to offer for sale? Note: this is not a section for external companies to advertise their products.
jwellsy

Wanted: Swift SW380T LED Bulb

#1 Post by jwellsy » Sat Oct 22, 2022 4:05 pm

I want to get a spare LED bulb for a Swift SW380T. This is my first scope and I have no idea what the lifespan of the bulb will be. I haven't found any part number for it. The manual only calls it a 1W LED. Fleabay searches haven't helped at all. Vendor sites that I've been to haven't listed it. I emailed Swift customer support this week and they haven't responded yet.

I'm wondering if anyone here happens to know what a part # is for a SW380T bulb or a vendor that does carry them.

I doubt anyone would sell their spare new bulb, unless they happen to have a stockpile of them :D

LouiseScot

Re: Wanted: Swift SW380T LED Bulb

#2 Post by LouiseScot » Sun Oct 23, 2022 7:23 pm

jwellsy wrote:
Sat Oct 22, 2022 4:05 pm
I want to get a spare LED bulb for a Swift SW380T. This is my first scope and I have no idea what the lifespan of the bulb will be. I haven't found any part number for it. The manual only calls it a 1W LED. Fleabay searches haven't helped at all. Vendor sites that I've been to haven't listed it. I emailed Swift customer support this week and they haven't responded yet.

I'm wondering if anyone here happens to know what a part # is for a SW380T bulb or a vendor that does carry them.

I doubt anyone would sell their spare new bulb, unless they happen to have a stockpile of them :D
Hi

LED's should last pretty much the lifetime of the scope i.e. many 1000's of hours. If it comes to it, almost any 1W white light star led (LED chip on a base) (or possibly even a brighter 3W one - might be worth a try) would do. You'd just have to desolder the old one, resolder the wires to the new LED and replace it. Star LEDs are marked with + and - on the base so you can see the correct polarity :).

Louise

Here's a link - select neutral white with PCB
https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/284938252971 ... Sw9UVfayt4
A Nikon CF plan 20x; A Swift 380T; A DIY infinity corrected focus rail system with a 40x/0.65 Olympus Plan, a 10x/0.30 Amscope Plan Fluor, and a 20x/0.75 Nikon Plan Apo

jwellsy

#3 Post by jwellsy » Mon Oct 24, 2022 2:05 am

Thank you for the reply. That sounds like a viable solution.

Here's what I sent Swift:
"What is the part # for a replacement/spare part LED light bulb in a newly purchased SW380T?
Also, who sells the right LED bulb for a SW380T? I didn't see it on your website."

Here's what they just sent back:
"Thank you for your purchase.
Sorry, the SW380T itself has only one bulb in the package.
Our SW380T bulbs just sold out, the next batch is expected to be in three months, thank you. If you encounter bulb failure during this period, please feel free to contact us, we will provide you with a solution, thank you

Thanks and best regards
SWIFT Customer Service Center"

apochronaut

#4 Post by apochronaut » Mon Oct 24, 2022 12:03 pm

Why do they call the company Swift.

LouiseScot

#5 Post by LouiseScot » Mon Oct 24, 2022 2:05 pm

jwellsy wrote:
Mon Oct 24, 2022 2:05 am
Thank you for the reply. That sounds like a viable solution.

Here's what I sent Swift:
"What is the part # for a replacement/spare part LED light bulb in a newly purchased SW380T?
Also, who sells the right LED bulb for a SW380T? I didn't see it on your website."

Here's what they just sent back:
"Thank you for your purchase.
Sorry, the SW380T itself has only one bulb in the package.
Our SW380T bulbs just sold out, the next batch is expected to be in three months, thank you. If you encounter bulb failure during this period, please feel free to contact us, we will provide you with a solution, thank you

Thanks and best regards
SWIFT Customer Service Center"
They aren't really 'bulbs' as they are semiconductors. LEDs usually last for many years. Swift will overcharge you for a replacement from them. You could check with them which particular LED is specified. If you loose the knob under the base of the 380T you can open the cover and expose the LED PCB which is attached to a heatsink. There are two small screws either side of the black plastic lens holder and which you can remove to gain access to the LED/star PCB.
Louise
A Nikon CF plan 20x; A Swift 380T; A DIY infinity corrected focus rail system with a 40x/0.65 Olympus Plan, a 10x/0.30 Amscope Plan Fluor, and a 20x/0.75 Nikon Plan Apo

imkap

#6 Post by imkap » Mon Oct 24, 2022 7:38 pm

apochronaut wrote:
Mon Oct 24, 2022 12:03 pm
Why do they call the company Swift.
:D