WTB AO Spencer 1105 Quintuple Nosepiece

Have a problem finding shops that sell specific materials? Ask here. Are you looking for microscope parts? Do you have anything to offer for sale? Note: this is not a section for external companies to advertise their products.
GerryR

WTB AO Spencer 1105 Quintuple Nosepiece

#1 Post by GerryR » Sun Oct 23, 2022 3:53 pm

Looking for a quintuple nosepiece for my Series 10 'scope, USA lower 48 states only due to shipping costs. Thanks in advance.

apochronaut

Re: WTB AO Spencer 1105 Quintuple Nosepiece

#2 Post by apochronaut » Sun Oct 23, 2022 6:44 pm

Almost never seen alone in the wild but sometimes still attached to it's Mother. In those days quintuples were still a bit unusual, so many less were around than quadruplets, triplets or even twins : yes they were still being sought after.
An acceptable option is to get a quint for the 100 series. Those are much more common roaming free, their camouflage blends in with their foster parent well ; and they are accepted well and fit right in, although being a little more robust.

GerryR

#3 Post by GerryR » Tue Oct 25, 2022 2:14 am

Thanks for the info. The quintuples seem to be scarce as hen's teeth for the AO 'scopes, no matter the series. Lot's available for Nikon's, Leica's. Just have to keep my eye out.

dtsh

#4 Post by dtsh » Tue Oct 25, 2022 8:57 pm

GerryR wrote:
Tue Oct 25, 2022 2:14 am
Thanks for the info. The quintuples seem to be scarce as hen's teeth for the AO 'scopes, no matter the series. Lot's available for Nikon's, Leica's. Just have to keep my eye out.
The nose for the Microstar IV also fits, but it is at a different height, so one would need to make adjustments to the stage height to have the autostop function properly. I think apochronaut's suggestion of the 110 nose is probably the most expedient and affordable option. I have a quintuple nose for the Series 10, but I'll be honest in that I would not part with it cheaply. I feel that a spare 3 or 4 hole nose is handy, but I find a 4 is almost always sufficient for my purposes and when a 4 starts falling shy, just one more isn't typically enough and one can just setup a nose for phase, a nose for brightfield, a nose for darkfield, etc. Since the Series 10's are so inexpensive, I chose to go with one for each function I typically use.