Various Wild Wants...

Have a problem finding shops that sell specific materials? Ask here. Are you looking for microscope parts? Do you have anything to offer for sale? Note: this is not a section for external companies to advertise their products.
ldflan

Various Wild Wants...

#1 Post by ldflan » Thu Nov 10, 2022 11:21 pm

I stumbled on an essentially mint Wild M20-EB locally today, and just couldn't resist. Some kind of disease, surely.... Anyway, what's done is done, and now it needs to be fitted out properly.

So, some oddball things I am looking for -

-100x 1.30 Wild Plan Fluotar;
-A full set of Wild phase contrast objectives (either high or low, doesn't matter) with condenser turret and matched phase annuli;

And then also -

-A Leitz Orthoplan objective turret, 1.25x version (not the Ploemopak, not an infinity corrected turret, and not an Ortholux II turret, please);
-100x Olympus short barrel Hoffman modulation contrast objective (hunting the snark);
-Olympus AH circular stage.

I've got lots of stuff to trade if interested. My particular addiction focuses on the big research stands from 1955 or so to 1985 or so.

Oh, and if anyone can explain to me what the parts are that are needed to get a mirrorless camera on this lovely creature, please let me know! It has a Wild 6x Phot eyepiece in the photo tube...

zufar

Re: Various Wild Wants...

#2 Post by zufar » Sat Nov 12, 2022 11:44 pm

Hello ldflan,
I happened to have Wild Heerbrugg phase contrast condenser and 40x Fluotar objective. I'm interested in trading these for Olympus short barrel PlanApos.
Where are you located? I'm in Switzerland.
Best,
Zufar
PS. For attaching camera I used to used Asahi adapter, but many options would work as long as the distance is correct[i
IMG_0954.jpg
IMG_0954.jpg (134.73 KiB) Viewed 1083 times
IMG_0956.jpg
IMG_0956.jpg (103.32 KiB) Viewed 1083 times

ldflan

#3 Post by ldflan » Sun Nov 13, 2022 5:59 pm

zufar wrote:
Sat Nov 12, 2022 11:44 pm
Hello ldflan,
I happened to have Wild Heerbrugg phase contrast condenser and 40x Fluotar objective. I'm interested in trading these for Olympus short barrel PlanApos.
Where are you located? I'm in Switzerland.
Best,
Zufar
PS. For attaching camera I used to used Asahi adapter, but many options would work as long as the distance is correct[iIMG_0954.jpgIMG_0956.jpg
Hi, Zufar. Sadly no Olympus SB planapos. Sent you a private message.

Thanks for the info on the adapter. I have a Pentacon version of the Asahi mount, but I was wondering if there is a Wild branded adapter that can be used today. I saw one that has what looks like a bespoke mount for their camera system, but it would probably be hard to adapt from that to something modern...

apochronaut

#4 Post by apochronaut » Mon Nov 14, 2022 2:53 pm

I have used a Wild 6X photo eyepiece with that Asahi camera mount on a 160mm system and it works very well. Gives corner to corner planarity with plan objectives and just about that with standard ones. A good feature of those emulsion film era clamp on camera mounts is that once attached, you can move the camera up and down against the location of the photo eyepiece to adjust field coverage and parfocality. If you include a 42mm helical focuser before the camera mount , it gives that much more latitude for parfocalization and field matching.

ldflan

#5 Post by ldflan » Mon Nov 14, 2022 6:23 pm

Yes, and the 6x phot has its own focusing threads as well, but inaccessible when the camera mount is on. Do you know whether any of the old film era Leitz photo systems can be made to work on the M20? Seems reasonably likely. If so, what's involved? I have a Vario-orthomat adapted to the Sony A7, but of course it uses the large diameter Leitz fitting...