Want to buy Olympus BX parts [Finished]

Have a problem finding shops that sell specific materials? Ask here. Are you looking for microscope parts? Do you have anything to offer for sale? Note: this is not a section for external companies to advertise their products.
MasLovesMicrobes

Want to buy Olympus BX parts [Finished]

#1 Post by MasLovesMicrobes » Tue Dec 20, 2022 4:33 pm

Hello, I'm looking to buy the following parts

One of these condensers:
U-UCD8, U-UCD8-2, U-UCDB

One of these DIC sliders:
U-DICTHR, U-DICT

One of these analysers:
U-AN, U-AN360, U-ANT

One of these prisms:
U-DIC40, U-DP100 or the HR versions

I'd be willing to trade these items as well, I have a fluorescent lamp housing + new mercury bulb, and 2 fluorescent cubes, U-MWIBA and U-M41007A. Also have a Bresser Researcher trino microscope that I could trade away.
Unfortunately, I can not pay premium prices. I'm only a student of biology who has developed a love for microbes. After 4 years of microscopy I have inherited a little money and figured it is worth it to spend it on my scope.
I'm not sure if it is bad practice to buy and sell equipment as a new user. But I promise I'm here to stay, over the past 4 years my love has only gotten stronger and I don't see it fading any time soon.
Last edited by MasLovesMicrobes on Wed Mar 22, 2023 10:15 am, edited 1 time in total.
Beauty lies not in the eye of the beholder, it lies in the lens of a microscope.

Macro_Cosmos

Re: Want to buy Olympus BX parts

#2 Post by Macro_Cosmos » Thu Dec 22, 2022 12:46 am

I have the U-DICTH slider which is the U-DICTHR but it accepts a U-ANT, which I also have and can sell. This was a limited production model.
This is in my opinion the superior model unless you have BFP1 objectives.

I have a U-DIC100HR prism, not the DP you are after, but this could be the push to get a UIS2 version. ;)

Let me know if you are interested, I can send you sample images taken with the DIC setup and photos of it. You can find photos of the items on ebay: eBay item number:185513961790 (happy to split the prism slider from the condenser).

Regards,
MC

Louis Roi

#3 Post by Louis Roi » Tue Dec 27, 2022 7:13 pm

I am selling u-dict.

PeteM

#5 Post by PeteM » Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:48 am

It will be interesting to see what that Ebay listing brings. It's missing the U-TLD top lens - which will likely cost $600 or so to replace.

MasLovesMicrobes

#7 Post by MasLovesMicrobes » Sun Jan 08, 2023 2:12 pm

Thanks synnus. I was trying so hard for that last link you had sent. I was watching it for a week but at then suddenly there was a problem with my ebay when the auction ended so it ended up going to a very lucky person for 460. Seems very low to me. Well the rest of that day I was so disappointed and grumpy hahaha. These things happen I guess.
Ebay fixed the problem now, so I’m hoping that this next one I’ll be able to get. It is already at 750 though and still 6 more days to go so I’m not too optimistic. :/
Getting so tired of searching everyday for months but I’m hoping good things come to those who wait.
Beauty lies not in the eye of the beholder, it lies in the lens of a microscope.

PeteM

#8 Post by PeteM » Sun Jan 08, 2023 3:22 pm

Mas, I wouldn't lose sleep over missing the first Ebay condenser. That U-UCD8 was missing its top lens. Those are even more rarely seen available on Ebay and (since they are the part most likely to be damaged) sell for several hundred dollars.

synnus

#9 Post by synnus » Sun Jan 08, 2023 4:29 pm

MasLovesMicrobes wrote:
Sun Jan 08, 2023 2:12 pm
Thanks synnus. I was trying so hard for that last link you had sent. I was watching it for a week but at then suddenly there was a problem with my ebay when the auction ended so it ended up going to a very lucky person for 460. Seems very low to me. Well the rest of that day I was so disappointed and grumpy hahaha. These things happen I guess.
Ebay fixed the problem now, so I’m hoping that this next one I’ll be able to get. It is already at 750 though and still 6 more days to go so I’m not too optimistic. :/
Getting so tired of searching everyday for months but I’m hoping good things come to those who wait.
The Last price is about 850 usd.
https://www.ebay.com/itm/204172074193?e ... R9rirKOyYQ

Macro_Cosmos

#10 Post by Macro_Cosmos » Tue Jan 10, 2023 12:05 am

PeteM wrote:
Sun Jan 08, 2023 3:22 pm
Mas, I wouldn't lose sleep over missing the first Ebay condenser. That U-UCD8 was missing its top lens. Those are even more rarely seen available on Ebay and (since they are the part most likely to be damaged) sell for several hundred dollars.
Get them new from Olympus they are around $250.
Prices vary depending on distributor of course.

MasLovesMicrobes

#12 Post by MasLovesMicrobes » Thu Jan 12, 2023 2:31 pm

Thank you very kindly for the links synnus

I am also frequently checking ebay so I am running into the same links that you are.
i appreciate it but I will continue to check every now and then so you don't have to go to the trouble of sending me the links, but thanks!

I'm trying to make some deals here and there, I'll post here if I ever succeed in getting it.

synnus

#13 Post by synnus » Thu Jan 12, 2023 6:15 pm

MasLovesMicrobes wrote:
Thu Jan 12, 2023 2:31 pm
Thank you very kindly for the links synnus

I am also frequently checking ebay so I am running into the same links that you are.
i appreciate it but I will continue to check every now and then so you don't have to go to the trouble of sending me the links, but thanks!

I'm trying to make some deals here and there, I'll post here if I ever succeed in getting it.
Hope you get what you want.

MasLovesMicrobes

#14 Post by MasLovesMicrobes » Thu Jan 12, 2023 11:15 pm

Thanks!

synnus

#15 Post by synnus » Fri Jan 13, 2023 11:44 pm

MasLovesMicrobes wrote:
Thu Jan 12, 2023 11:15 pm
Thanks!
Auction is end. Curious about whether if you got that ucd8 condenser.

MasLovesMicrobes

#16 Post by MasLovesMicrobes » Sat Jan 14, 2023 8:50 pm

Hi Synnus,
I managed to make a deal with someone on the Olympus Microscope User facebook group. Waiting for it to arrive now.