WTB an Olympus TL-2 transformer

Have a problem finding shops that sell specific materials? Ask here. Are you looking for microscope parts? Do you have anything to offer for sale? Note: this is not a section for external companies to advertise their products.
Milou

WTB an Olympus TL-2 transformer

#1 Post by Milou » Sun Jan 01, 2023 9:09 pm

Hello,
If anybody has such an Olympus transformer to sell I would be interested.

I'm also looking for information about it's electric characteristics (if anybody knows them?), as if I cannot find one, I could therefore perhaps try with another similar transformer, or to adapt one?
Last edited by Milou on Mon Jan 02, 2023 9:38 am, edited 2 times in total.

PeteM

Re: WTB a, Olympus TL-2 transformer

#2 Post by PeteM » Sun Jan 01, 2023 9:43 pm

Milou, it's 0-6volt and 30 watts (for a 20 watt halogen lamp).

For others in a similar predicament -- if you have the lamp, the needed power supply specs should be whatever voltage the bulb requires (or slightly more) and around a 50% higher watt or amp rating to be on the safe side. With a Chinese power supply, maybe even a bit more wattage to handle the inrush current from a tungsten-halogen bulb.

For an incandescent bulb, it may not even matter if the supply is DC (some electronics) or AC (often an autotransformer). Most bulbs stay hot enough to avoid 60hz flicker.

https://www.recycledgoods.com/olympus-t ... icroscope/

Milou

Re: WTB an Olympus TL-2 transformer

#3 Post by Milou » Mon Jan 02, 2023 9:34 am

Thank you PeteM for answer.

In fact I've been given an old Olympus SZ1145CHI body with its vertical coaxial illuminator (without transformer!)
I would try to fix it again and perhaps even to replace the halogen bulb (which seem very "tired") with a led if it's not too complicate :-)

I've seen several TL2 Olympus transformers on ebay, but only in US....Therefore too expensive to import in Europe (where it seems to be much more scarce), especially with our 20% VAT in France !

Milou

#4 Post by Milou » Mon Jan 02, 2023 12:55 pm

Sorry Maarten,

But it sems to be impossible to answer your private message as your address is refused!

I could be interested by your Olympus TL2 depending on price (including shipping cost and VAT !)

have you perhaps any other accessories for Olympus SZ60 45 or 1145, like auxilary objectives, eyepieces, base, aso?

Regards
Michel

deBult

#5 Post by deBult » Mon Jan 02, 2023 5:42 pm

PM settings updated.