Olympus BHC

Have a problem finding shops that sell specific materials? Ask here. Are you looking for microscope parts? Do you have anything to offer for sale? Note: this is not a section for external companies to advertise their products.
Dennis

Olympus BHC

#1 Post by Dennis » Tue Jan 10, 2023 8:10 pm

https://www.ebay.com/itm/195552826801?h ... SwC31jvbEr

I am selling my Olympus BHC Phase Contrast microscope on Ebay.

PeteM

Re: Olympus BHC

#2 Post by PeteM » Tue Jan 10, 2023 8:18 pm

Hi Dennis - I notice that your scope has Nikon (phase?) objectives and an Olympus phase condenser. Have you checked if the annuli match up? I haven't checked for short barrel objectives, but in the long barrel case Nikon and Olympus phase ring sizes don't match up.

Dennis

#3 Post by Dennis » Tue Jan 10, 2023 9:02 pm

Pete,
I mention that on the page.
They don't really work well, It is a 5 place turret and I have those 2 so I shoved them on. Either that or 2 empty holes.

-Dennis

Dennis

#4 Post by Dennis » Wed Jan 18, 2023 4:37 pm

https://www.ebay.com/itm/195552826801

I dropped the price to 250 dollars. I bought it used for 325 years ago minus the Nikon objectives added in which do not really fit but in a pinch maybe could be used on another scope say if you were out a 20X.

You have to know what you are doing to re- center for phase contrasts. Works good on the 10X but 40X doesn't but everything is in great shape so that is a re centering thing. Also some people with old scopes might be able to also use the transformer. ??

Anyhow it all packed up here ready to ship weighing in near 50 pounds! (Old wood case and transformer add weight)
I mostly used it without the phase contrast - could use a blue filter somehow.

It is the bones of a great microscope I feel. All adjustments work really super fine great.

imkap

#5 Post by imkap » Wed Jan 18, 2023 6:04 pm

You might be better of selling the parts separately, condenser in one listing, objective (lot or singles), eyepieces and the microscope.

Dennis

#6 Post by Dennis » Wed Jan 18, 2023 8:29 pm

Imkap,

Thanks,
But I am usually lacking patience for selling individual items. I usually bulk sell anything.
Also I really get into the packaging! I have wood clamps and glue gluing layers of card board together etc with all my packages.

UPDATE-
I kept lowering the price and no takers plus I remembered a eye piece issue.
Took it down and in future breaking it down for sales.