Nikon Alphaphot YST Ph3 Slider

Have a problem finding shops that sell specific materials? Ask here. Are you looking for microscope parts? Do you have anything to offer for sale? Note: this is not a section for external companies to advertise their products.
J_WISC

Nikon Alphaphot YST Ph3 Slider

#1 Post by J_WISC » Sun Feb 05, 2023 9:10 pm

Hello. I apparently acquire microscopes requiring weird parts. I'm looking for an extra Nikon Alphaphot YST Ph3 (or other phase) slider. I don't need the phase annulus, just the slider. The slider goes under the condenser and I'm wondering whether I could use it for holding other accessories. Googling failed. Or I don't know correct search terms. Has anyone encountered one online? Do you think it could hold other accessories? For example, disks for oblique lighting or darkfield? Or are there other Nikon Alphaphot sliders out there? Thank you for ideas.
IMG_3279_reduced.jpg
IMG_3279_reduced.jpg (97.9 KiB) Viewed 1116 times
IMG_3280_reduced.jpg
IMG_3280_reduced.jpg (69.66 KiB) Viewed 1116 times
IMG_3281_reduced.jpg
IMG_3281_reduced.jpg (68.21 KiB) Viewed 1116 times

The slider is about 59mm x 32mm x 8mm.

lorez2

Re: Nikon Alphaphot YST Ph3 Slider

#2 Post by lorez2 » Tue Feb 07, 2023 4:27 am

If you are handy you could make one from aluminum or brass or plastic or hardwood. You have all the critical dimensions so it will be easy-peasy. If you are using it for purposes other than the phase you have the freedom of some design creativity.

lorez
Nikon 80i

J_WISC

Re: Nikon Alphaphot YST Ph3 Slider

#3 Post by J_WISC » Tue Feb 07, 2023 5:29 am

lorez2 wrote:
Tue Feb 07, 2023 4:27 am
If you are handy you could make one from aluminum or brass or plastic or hardwood. You have all the critical dimensions so it will be easy-peasy. If you are using it for purposes other than the phase you have the freedom of some design creativity.

lorez
Yes. Thank you for the encouragement. I was looking at the illumination technique and DIY forums and was astonished by the creativity. This shouldn’t be difficult, especially I if find starting material that matches the thickness of the Nikon part. And I’ll save $$$! 🙂 Thanks!