Condenser Zeiss achr apl 1.4

Have a problem finding shops that sell specific materials? Ask here. Are you looking for microscope parts? Do you have anything to offer for sale? Note: this is not a section for external companies to advertise their products.
dtrinh

Condenser Zeiss achr apl 1.4

#1 Post by dtrinh » Thu Mar 02, 2023 9:40 pm

Hello,
Anyone interested in this conderser?
It has 7 positions in total, 2 of them are filled with phase contrast rings, 1 with iris diaphragm for bright field, 1 for dark field, so 3 are free for you to add other phase contrast rings.
This condenser is Achromatic and Aplanatic, meaning it produces light without chromatic and spherical abberations. Top quality I guess.
I have no suitable microscope to test it, but the phase contrast rings and the dark field stop look very good. The iris diaphragm can be open and closed normally. It would be better to oil it a bit though.

PeteM

Re: Condenser Zeiss achr apl 1.4

#2 Post by PeteM » Thu Mar 02, 2023 10:06 pm

I'd be happy to swap something of similar value for it that you can use, assuming you're in the US (cheap postage). We do a kids' "Micronaut" program and it could upgrade one of our scopes.

dtrinh

#3 Post by dtrinh » Sat Mar 04, 2023 6:58 pm

PeteM wrote:
Thu Mar 02, 2023 10:06 pm
I'd be happy to swap something of similar value for it that you can use, assuming you're in the US (cheap postage). We do a kids' "Micronaut" program and it could upgrade one of our scopes.
Too bad, I live in Europe :)

PeteM

#4 Post by PeteM » Sun Mar 05, 2023 3:32 am

Oh, well. Good thing is that your Zeiss condenser should be even more popular in Europe. Someone will have a good swap for you.