Zeiss DIC Condenser on Ebay

Have a problem finding shops that sell specific materials? Ask here. Are you looking for microscope parts? Do you have anything to offer for sale? Note: this is not a section for external companies to advertise their products.
Charles

Zeiss DIC Condenser on Ebay

#1 Post by Charles » Tue Nov 10, 2015 2:07 pm

For anyone interested, here is a Zeiss DIC/Phase condenser for sale at a good price. It is the old style and you would still need individual objective sliders or DIC-POL single beam but these condensers go for around $550-800 if all the prisms are good and the two phase annuli are good. I did not ask about the condition and the prisms/annuli maybe delaminated.
He has a BIN and Best offer. He turned down $255 but offered $270

http://www.ebay.com/itm/CARL-ZEISS-MICR ... SwhcJWQYGF

75RR

Re: Zeiss DIC Condenser on Ebay

#2 Post by 75RR » Tue Nov 10, 2015 4:09 pm

Was looking at sellers site having followed the link and found what looks like the stand the DIC Condenser was on. See stain marks on dial. Thought those interested in it might find this info useful.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/CARL-ZEISS-BINO ... 35f542fd64
Zeiss Standard WL (somewhat fashion challenged) & Wild M8
Olympus E-P2 (Micro Four Thirds Camera)

einman

#3 Post by einman » Tue Nov 10, 2015 4:26 pm

Recently acquired an AO DIC condenser and prism turret. Anyone have a nosepiece/prism analyzer ? One part away from having another AO DIC set-up.

Charles

#4 Post by Charles » Tue Nov 10, 2015 4:42 pm

75RR wrote:Was looking at sellers site having followed the link and found what looks like the stand the DIC Condenser was on. See stain marks on dial. Thought those interested in it might find this info useful.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/CARL-ZEISS-BINO ... 35f542fd64
I don't know what dial you're looking at, but it looks like a bit of rust on the front adjustment dial of the condenser but I think the condenser looks like it's in good shape. Even the stand it came from looks in pretty good shape. If you don't want to take the gamble, you would need to ask the seller about the prisms, phase annuli and ensure everything rotates and all iris work.

Charles

#5 Post by Charles » Tue Nov 10, 2015 4:43 pm

einman wrote:Recently acquired an AO DIC condenser and prism turret. Anyone have a nosepiece/prism analyzer ? One part away from having another AO DIC set-up.
Nope, I don't.

zzffnn

#6 Post by zzffnn » Tue Nov 10, 2015 6:30 pm

That eBay seller does not know much about optics (he may not be able to tell delamination). And he may or may not be able to get back to you quickly (he travels sometimes). He is a nice guy though, so when he does have time he may try to help you.

That seller is located about 30min drive away from me. I went to his place to pick up a microscope frame before. His storage condition is a decent indoor place with limited to no air conditioning.

You would want to ask him to check item condition before you pay for it, as his first check may be very quick and rough.

He probably price his items based on brand names (Zeiss would be priced more than AO or B&L and much much more than Seller Westlab).

I checked his pricing for objectives before and considered most to be the same or higher (not less) than eBay's usual price. Therefore, I only buy from him if he has exactly what I want for a decent price and only when I can check the item in person (not always possible as he travels).