For Sale Olympus KHC Phase Contrast Microscope **SOLD**

Have a problem finding shops that sell specific materials? Ask here. Are you looking for microscope parts? Do you have anything to offer for sale? Note: this is not a section for external companies to advertise their products.
rnabholz

For Sale Olympus KHC Phase Contrast Microscope **SOLD**

#1 Post by rnabholz » Thu Jul 14, 2016 4:50 pm

OlyKHCFrontQtr.jpg
OlyKHCFrontQtr.jpg (97.83 KiB) Viewed 3181 times
*****SOLD***** For Sale - Olympus KHC Phase Contrast Microscope. I have a vey nice Oly KHC stand fitted with the Oly Phase condenser, and 10, 20, 40, and 100x Oil Phase Contrast objectives. The scope is in super condition and perfect functioning condition. For many pictures, a discussion and sample images taken through the scope see page 2 of this thread (starts about 1/3rd of the way down the page):

viewtopic.php?f=24&t=776&start=30

The condenser allows for Brightfield, Phase Contrast, and by slightly offsetting the phase annuli, will do very good Oblique illumination as well. Use the 100x annulus with the 10x objective and you get a very good darkfield too.

The condenser does have a swing in filter holder for other filter or mask experimentation.

Two Olympus 10 Wide Field eyepieces are included and still have the plastic guards in place.

I will include a Phase Telescope, a required tool to check, adjust and maintain alignment of the phase annuli. It is not original equipment, but does work. After the initial adjustment, I have not had occassion to make any changes to the set up, it holds adjustment well.

Also included is a super deluxe hand made black denim dust cover, a work of art made by yours truly. To say it is a limited edition is no stretch...

Also included are a blue filter to correct for the yellow bias of the incandescent lamp, and spare bulbs - I believe that I have around 6 spares that will be in the box when you receive it.

Items of note that I would want to know about if I were buying the scope. The right eyepiece tube has been very slightly bent out of round at the end. There is no effect on the image presented, the only result is that it makes inserting the eyepiece a bit more difficult than if it was not bent, but still easily accomplished.

The only other note is regarding the 20x objective, it does show scratches on the field lens. While it is certain that there must be some effect from their presence, in practical use, they do not, to my eye, detract from the views presented, in fact I had nearly forgotten about the issue until I was going over the scope in anticipation of this listing.

Those are the only two issues that I would like to know about if I were considering purchasing the scope.

The price is $230 plus actual shipping costs, probably around $25 to $35 depending on your location. If you have done any shopping for Phase equipment you will recognize what a great value this represents. A very solid stand, great optics, complete with Phase Contrast for less than the Phase Kit for some currently made scopes.

Feel free to contact me with questions - rnabholz@yahoo.com . Thanks for reading.
Last edited by rnabholz on Fri Jul 15, 2016 1:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.

lorez

Re: For Sale Olympus KHC Phase Contrast Microscope

#2 Post by lorez » Fri Jul 15, 2016 12:48 am

I'll endorse Rod's microscope offer.

If you have not used a phase contrast microscope this is a great place to start.

And it is a very good deal.

lorez

KurtM

#3 Post by KurtM » Fri Jul 15, 2016 12:56 am

Yep, and it even comes with a phase telescope, making it a true turn key microscope system that's ready for rock 'n' roll right out of the box. But wait! There's more! If you order now, you even get spare bulbs (and that's not insignificant, actually)!!

All funning aside, I have an OLY KHC phase contrast rig very similar to this, and it's a real sweet heart. This one's better than most because it has a drop wand coax control for the stage X-Y, where most, including mine, have high mounted horizontal coax knobs that work okay but are just plain too different from everything else in the world.
Cheers,
Kurt Maurer
League City, Texas
email: ngc704(at)gmail(dot)com
https://www.flickr.com/photos/67904872@ ... 912223623/

rnabholz

#4 Post by rnabholz » Fri Jul 15, 2016 2:15 am

Thank you kindly Gents.

I hope someone can use it.

Rod

rnabholz