Catalogue information for zeiss (modern, I believe)

Have a problem finding shops that sell specific materials? Ask here. Are you looking for microscope parts? Do you have anything to offer for sale? Note: this is not a section for external companies to advertise their products.
billben74

Catalogue information for zeiss (modern, I believe)

#1 Post by billben74 » Fri Oct 28, 2016 8:35 am

Hello all,
Apologies if this obvious to some, and just say I have tried a bit of googling myself but didn't get a any joy.

There is a oldish zeiss on ebay (uk) that has a couple of objectives
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/carl-zeiss-mi ... SwzaJX8uX2
One objective has following numbers

F -LD 20/0,25
46 06 05
160/2
(Yes I can guess its NA 0.25, flat field with a LD of ??? tube length 160, and designed for inverted? - but I would love to be able to find info from a cataloque to confirm my guess work/find more detial if available)

And a older looking one 10 0,22 with serial number 5000645. (Its Zeiss West Germany)

My question is where does one find out the nature of a zeiss objective via serial number? I know the main zeiss web site has lots of info, but I can only see info for modern objectives.

(I also realise that there is the whole Zeiss Jena etc. but here but I think we need either Zeiss West Germany or the modern zweiss company).

Charles

Re: Catalogue information for zeiss (modern, I believe)

#2 Post by Charles » Fri Oct 28, 2016 11:59 am

I have an older catalog of Zeiss objectives which does not list the F-LD objectives. From some discussions on the Yahoo Microscope forum of a few years past, I believe they referred to the F series objectives as inexpensive 'school' grade objectives so I don't believe the F = Flatfield.

Spike Walker's site list various objectives and the F-LD 20X is listed there as a LD Achromat with a working distance of 2mm.
http://www.the-ultraphot-shop.org.uk/obj1.htm

Oktagon

#3 Post by Oktagon » Fri Oct 28, 2016 6:47 pm

This ia GFL stand with trinocular head. Whichever way you play it, it is worth 100 pounds with no objectives.

Spend another 150-200 pounds on 4 plan onjectives, and you will h=get yourseld a fine BF scope

billben74

#4 Post by billben74 » Fri Oct 28, 2016 8:41 pm

Many thanks Charles and Oktagon for your information.

Charles, thanks for the caution about the "F".

Oktagon, I thought it looked like a bargin. Still not sure I actually need it, but at least I know I was correct on that point...

75RR

#5 Post by 75RR » Sat Oct 29, 2016 1:04 am

You won't find anything with serial numbers - but you can with catalogue numbers.
This is a pretty useful one: http://www.science-info.net/docs/zeiss/ ... ystems.pdf

Here is some info on the F objectives: viewtopic.php?f=5&t=464&p=2464&hilit
Though none of them have LD on them.

Looking at the Zeiss Standard GFL you linked to, I would ask for some better images.
On ebay, photos are the only way to judge an item.
There is really no excuse for badly illuminated out of focus images.
Zeiss Standard WL (somewhat fashion challenged) & Wild M8
Olympus E-P2 (Micro Four Thirds Camera)

billben74

#6 Post by billben74 » Sat Oct 29, 2016 8:37 am

Thanks 75RR. Lots of good information there, both about the objective and that zeiss catalogue is a gold mine of microscopic detail.