NEED DIN 4x and 100x PLAN objectives, and 2 periplan oculars for same

Have a problem finding shops that sell specific materials? Ask here. Are you looking for microscope parts? Do you have anything to offer for sale? Note: this is not a section for external companies to advertise their products.
mtsaz

NEED DIN 4x and 100x PLAN objectives, and 2 periplan oculars for same

#1 Post by mtsaz » Sat Dec 10, 2016 4:59 pm

HI- I am updating a swift 3300 that I bought several years ago for college. Now- my wife is working in a lab and she is also taking some classes and does work/homework (at home). The standard old swift 3300 is too tiring for her to use.

So- at this time- I want to buy a 4x and 100x oil DIN objective, and periplan oculars (10x) ---I already had/have 10/40x plan objectives. If this fails, i will buy a different (note- I didn't say new) microscope. I looked at the new name brand microscopes for medical/vet/lab work and while I admire the beautiful plastic and the made in china label, I prefer the older scopes with heft and smooth mechanisms.

Can anyone help me? I don't know much---just enough to be dangerous and screw this up, so any guidance or help is always welcomed. You can PM or email me- if you PM me I can give you my email (provided I am not breaking any rules).

Thanks for reading this and for any help you might offer.

charlie g

Re: NEED DIN 4x and 100x PLAN objectives, and 2 periplan oculars for same

#2 Post by charlie g » Sat Dec 10, 2016 6:13 pm

Hi, mtsaz, what sort of microscopy do you need the upgrade for...your spouses work/studies...or hobby microscopy?

Where are you located...I shipped (from 100 or so miles south of destination to my neighbor:Canada...the postage cost was arrogantly expensive!

I have the items you'd want...and even more...but :where are you?, is the microscope for clinical work, or upper level school studies? charlie guevara, finger lakes/US