My rocking microtome for sale NOW SOLD

Have a problem finding shops that sell specific materials? Ask here. Are you looking for microscope parts? Do you have anything to offer for sale? Note: this is not a section for external companies to advertise their products.
mrsonchus

My rocking microtome for sale NOW SOLD

#1 Post by mrsonchus » Sun Jun 25, 2017 9:49 am

Hi all, I'm, trying to make some room in my tiny lab and have a few bits & pieces to sell. I've just put my 'rocking microtome' onto e-bay, here's the link ---> selling my rocking microtome

Here are some details as seen on e-bay, where I have it listed:

This is the sale of my 'rocking microtome' of the 'Cambridge' design, bought brand-new by me from Brunel Microscopes (UK) a couple of years ago.

The current NEW price of this microtome = £230 + VAT + delivery = about £295.

As a 'used' item it has no damage or rust etc (it's only a couple of years old and has been used correctly) but has the usual few smears of wax (from the sectioning of paraffin-wax embedded tissue) that you may like to wipe off.

It's in the original 'big blue box' as bought new.

It's in perfect and fully-functional condition and has been used in my small lab to cut many hundreds of sections of plant tissue (this microtome can of course also be used for sectioning of animal tissue if plants are not your area of interest).

It is also the 'proper' version - and has 4 knife-angle adjustment screws (2 on each side) rather than some copies that have a basic 2 only. Having 4 allows full and fine adjustment of the knife's cutting angle - which varies with tissue-type and section thickness.
These (4) screws are visible in one of the photographs included in this advertisement. All images are of the ACTUAL microtome that I'm selling and that you will receive.

I have added another knife, also bought by me brand-new, as it's always best to have at least 2 knives, one in use and one to be sharpened. These knives will both I think need to be sharpened as they have cut sections already - although they may well be perfectly fit to use without.

This item is about 10Kg in weight and the box is about the size of a large shoe-box. Delivery (to the UK only) will be by Royal Mail Parcelforce 48hr signed-for and an online-quote said the cost will be £16.40 - this is to be paid for by the buyer, in addition to the item's price, please.

Please look at the images of this actual microtome - a small instruction manual is included. If you have any questions please don't hesitate to contact me as I have been using this microtome myself and am able to answer any query you may have.

Good luck with bidding - this is a fine machine in excellent condition!

Some images,

For more images please see the listing or visit my G-Drive folder --> more images of microtome for sale

Just pm me if you are interested. Thanks for looking, John B.
Last edited by mrsonchus on Thu Jul 06, 2017 11:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.
John B

mrsonchus

Re: My rocking microtome for sale - making space in the lab!

#2 Post by mrsonchus » Thu Jul 06, 2017 11:02 pm

Now SOLD, thanks for looking.

John B. :)
John B