Olympus CX31 and SZ61TR with LED Base For Sale

Have a problem finding shops that sell specific materials? Ask here. Are you looking for microscope parts? Do you have anything to offer for sale? Note: this is not a section for external companies to advertise their products.
Docgene888

Olympus CX31 and SZ61TR with LED Base For Sale

#1 Post by Docgene888 » Fri Oct 11, 2019 10:14 pm

Hi all,

As I promised in my recent introduction in the newcomer section and also in the camera systems forum section, I took photos of the two (and perhaps eventually 3) microscopes I am putting up for sale. Please refer to that earlier post (viewtopic.php?f=4&t=8146#p71414) for the particulars on how I came to possess four Olympus scopes. Of the four, I am keeping one of the CX31s and am selling one. I am also putting up for sale one of the two SZ61TR stereo microscopes that has the optional SZ2-ILST LED base - all were part of the auction lot. I have decided to keep one for now, but if the interest is strong, I may sell the second one too. As I indicated in my original post, these microscopes were taken from active service at a VA hospital near where I live because they reached the end of their designated life cycle which for some medical equipment is rather short (and by way of disclosure, as I wrote in my introduction, I am a VA physician but at a different hospital - the microscopes were purchased from the federal GSA Auctions website which is accessible to the public). The microscopes were professionally serviced on a regular basis.

The Olympus CX31 is in pristine condition and comes as pictured. The SZ61TR is also like new but with just a few minor scuffs on the base which I have tried to display in the photos. The optics in both are excellent. They both work as intended with the CX31 easily achieving Kohler illumination. There are no other accessories included apart from the power cords. The shipping cost will be calculated depending on the destination via a mutually agreed upon delivery service such as USPS, UPS, FedEx, and DHL for international. Payment will be by PayPal. Since I am not a microscope repair expert, I cannot guarantee any function of the microscopes but I can assure you that they will be in like-new condition at the time they leave my possession.

I am open to offers but they must be reasonable. I worked with Olympus to determine the cost of each microscope if purchased new in the United States and I based my asking price as a percentage of those values (right around 50% off list). I am in no rush to sell them but I wanted to give the forum members the opportunity to purchase them before listing them for sale on a commercial service such as eBay as well as a few medical professional websites I am aware of. I will wait for ~2-weeks before listing them elsewhere although I reserve the right to sell them at any time to colleagues who are aware of my intent to sell them.

The photos are located in albums uploaded to Google Photos at the links below. If any additional pictures or descriptions are needed, please don't hesitate to contact me through this forum. I also uploaded the Olympus brochures for these two microscope models (https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/ ... sp=sharing).

Olympus CX31: https://photos.app.goo.gl/wSpqHebhfJcSDgTk8
Olympus SZ61TR with SZ2-ILST LED Base: https://photos.app.goo.gl/uHtQZYFkhxYtVvew5

Asking prices (in USD):

Olympus CX31 ==> $995
Olympus SZ61TR w/SZ2-ILST LED Base ==> $1250

Thank you!

Gene
Olympus CX31
Olympus SZ61TR-LED
AmScope T490B-LED
AmScope SM-2TZ-LED
AO 110 MicroStar Dual Head
Canon EOS 40D

fero