Olympus BH2 Teaching Bridge set for quick sale

Have a problem finding shops that sell specific materials? Ask here. Are you looking for microscope parts? Do you have anything to offer for sale? Note: this is not a section for external companies to advertise their products.
MikeBradley

Olympus BH2 Teaching Bridge set for quick sale

#1 Post by MikeBradley » Sun Nov 17, 2019 1:47 am

I have the following items for sale, they comprise the components needed to add a pair of binocular heads to a standard BH2. The oculars are the L and the LH pairs, all are Widefield, and one is also High Eyepoint. They have been used carefully as teaching tools in the office of a pathologist. I would like to sell the entire bundle as a unit but would give consideration to splitting it too.

Price for a quick sale here on the forum is U$200 (buyer pays shipping) before trying the other markets. I am located near Vancouver, Canada but will ship internationally if needed. If you are interested please respond by PM.

Thank you,

Michael

1 x Olympus BH2 MDO-SV, Teaching bridge
1 x Olympus BH2-MDO-B, Dual viewing body

1 x Olympus BH2 B130, binocular viewing head
c/w WHK 10x/20L and WK 10X/20L-H oculars, 0-100 reticle installed
1 x Olympus BH2 B130, binocular viewing head
c/w WK 10x/20L and WK 10X/20L-H oculars

1 x Olympus PE 2.5x, projection eyepiece (for infinity optics, not for BH2 models)
Attachments
PE2_5a.jpg
PE2_5a.jpg (53.2 KiB) Viewed 4746 times
Bino2.jpg
Bino2.jpg (55.66 KiB) Viewed 4746 times
DualView2.jpg
DualView2.jpg (59.79 KiB) Viewed 4746 times
Bridge3.jpg
Bridge3.jpg (47.78 KiB) Viewed 4746 times
Bridge2.jpg
Bridge2.jpg (57.77 KiB) Viewed 4746 times
Olympus BH2,
AO110
Carl Zeiss Standard WL
Canon 90D

MikeBradley

Re: Olympus BH2 Teaching Bridge set for quick sale

#2 Post by MikeBradley » Sun Jun 28, 2020 1:06 am

PRICE REDUCED

I'm still looking for a good home for this teaching bridge, the set is complete with 2 binocular heads, 4 objectives and all the bridge components, all in excellent condition (see images above). The price is now U$150 (buyer pays shipping). The PE projection eyepiece originally included is no longer available though. I am located near Vancouver, Canada but will ship internationally if needed. If you are interested please contact me via PM.

Alternatively I would exchange it all for the item I really need, a Photoadapter L tube for the BH2!!

Thanks

michael
Olympus BH2,
AO110
Carl Zeiss Standard WL
Canon 90D

microb

#3 Post by microb » Sun Jun 28, 2020 4:10 am

I thought PE was for the BX series, basically the non-Neo objectives typically used with BH2.

Also is a NFK (or I guess a PE) needed with a set up like this, which seems like it would match the L tube mentioned above -- there is a version on ebay for the Olympus connector. The following is for a Cannon EOS.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Canon-EOS-Moun ... SwElpeLi-7

MikeBradley

#4 Post by MikeBradley » Sun Jun 28, 2020 4:32 am

Bob, Yes the PE is for an infinity design (stated in original post) but for some reason it was included in the package that I purchased and I have no use for it, someone might.

The package that I'm selling is an add-on for an existing BH2 microscope, it adds the ability for two other users to observe whatever was being viewed in the main microscope in their own independent binocular heads. This unit was used for teaching medical students by the pathologist whom I bought it from.

Thanks for the link, I'll check it out

Michael
Olympus BH2,
AO110
Carl Zeiss Standard WL
Canon 90D

Scarodactyl

#5 Post by Scarodactyl » Sun Jun 28, 2020 5:07 am

There is a cheap substitute for the photomicro L which I liked better than the Diagnostic Instruments replacement I tried (better dovetail match).
viewtopic.php?f=9&t=9093&p=78129#p78129
I have two in surplus to my needs but I'm in the US and postage would probably be too expensive to be worth shipping vs assembling your own.

I imagine it would be easy to turn this bridge into a trinocular setup. Worth doing too, given how expensive olympus trinocs tend to be.

MikeBradley

#6 Post by MikeBradley » Sun Jun 28, 2020 4:39 pm

Scarodactyl, yes, I hadn't thought of that but I suppose that a camera could be used on one (or even both) of the binocular heads and then the usual imaging method could be applied (afocal, relay, or NLK projection). It would be a bit bulky though.
Interesting idea.
Michael
Olympus BH2,
AO110
Carl Zeiss Standard WL
Canon 90D

MikeBradley

#7 Post by MikeBradley » Sun Jul 03, 2022 7:39 pm

I've now decided to offer the bridge equipment FREE, apart from the cost of shipping. They are only taking up valuable office space here and someone, somewhere may be able to make use of them. All the items described earlier are included except the PE eyepiece, I'm keeping that.

PM me if interested.

michael
Olympus BH2,
AO110
Carl Zeiss Standard WL
Canon 90D