My interview with Zeiss

Articles and images posed here will be included in the PDF and paper version of the magazine (you can also send them by email). All are invited to contribute!
Microworldofgems

My interview with Zeiss

#1 Post by Microworldofgems » Sat Jan 30, 2021 6:41 am

Hi all, just wanted to share my interview/images with Zeiss based around my vintage Zeiss universal Epi-DIC build. Hope you enjoy the images.

https://blogs.zeiss.com/microscopy/en/g ... icroscopy/

viktor j nilsson

Re: My interview with Zeiss

#2 Post by viktor j nilsson » Sat Jan 30, 2021 7:04 am

That's a great read! Thanks for sharing. I love it when our vintage beauties get some love in places like that.

MicroBob

#3 Post by MicroBob » Sat Jan 30, 2021 7:51 am

Hi Nathan,
this is a very interesting and well written article with great images! My main instrument is a Phomi 1, second edition which is quite similar to your one. I have a couple of epi-DIC components, not all in good condition, but they work to some degree. Have you already described somewhere, how you have repaired your prisms?

Bob

ScienceMatters

#4 Post by ScienceMatters » Sat Jan 30, 2021 9:23 pm

I enjoyed reading that very much! The photos are beautiful and I love that vintage Zeiss. Thanks for sharing!

hans

#6 Post by hans » Sun Jan 31, 2021 1:48 am

MicroBob wrote:
Sat Jan 30, 2021 7:51 am
Have you already described somewhere, how you have repaired your prisms?
Funny timing, I recognized the blue Zeiss immediately because Scarodactyl mentioned the restoration last weekend in the thread about my delaminated ultracondensers. Here is the link: viewtopic.php?t=8830

Microworldofgems

#7 Post by Microworldofgems » Sun Jan 31, 2021 2:03 am

MicroBob wrote:
Sat Jan 30, 2021 7:51 am
Hi Nathan,
this is a very interesting and well written article with great images! My main instrument is a Phomi 1, second edition which is quite similar to your one. I have a couple of epi-DIC components, not all in good condition, but they work to some degree. Have you already described somewhere, how you have repaired your prisms?

Bob
Hi Bob, I have on this forum. Hans posted a link to my earlier thread about rebuilding this scope. Scrolling through that thread will detail some of the steps I took to repair the prisms. Hope that helps.