E-Bay question when selling

Post articles here that do not fit into other categories. I may add more categories to accommodate these posts.
microb

E-Bay question when selling

#1 Post by microb » Fri Mar 26, 2021 9:23 pm

So this guy from Florida kept asking for a fair price for one of my items, usually wanting it for half. And I would reply: "Thank you for your interest in this item, but I just set this price and would like to see if there is interest before offering a significant discount."

After some more msgs, I buyer banned him, and then got a similar msg for $5 more. So I buyer banned that account too. But a purchase was then made on a third account. Now I've found out later that you can cancel a purchase, leaving the buyer unable to leave feedback, but I went with it not knowing that option.

Of course with the third account, they left vague horrible feedback.

So I reported the buyer, but what else should I do? Basically, I should have canceled the purchase since I knew it was the same troll. They are not asking for a return or anything. I left a note that shows next to their feedback saying, please contact me to resolve any issue.

Thanks.

Wes

Re: E-Bay question when selling

#2 Post by Wes » Fri Mar 26, 2021 9:30 pm

Not sure about your ebay predicament but got curious about the object of desire in this dodgy transaction :lol:
Zeiss Photomicroscope III BF/DF/Pol/Ph/DIC/FL/Jamin-Lebedeff
Youtube channel

microb

#3 Post by microb » Fri Mar 26, 2021 9:36 pm

Wes wrote:
Fri Mar 26, 2021 9:30 pm
Not sure about your ebay predicament but got curious about the object of desire in this dodgy transaction :lol:
Well I was hoping to use this account to sell microscope parts, but in this case this item was a 18th century copper coin.

I wish I knew I cold have canceled and that would prevent feedback from the buyer. But regrettably, I shipped the item to them.

hans

#4 Post by hans » Mon Mar 29, 2021 8:38 pm

Multiple accounts seems like a lot of trouble for an ordinary buyer to be going to out of spite. If this is a niche market, wonder if it is possible the user is a dealer/reseller trying to discourage competition?