Newscientist

Post articles here that do not fit into other categories. I may add more categories to accommodate these posts.
Sabatini

Newscientist

#1 Post by Sabatini » Fri Jan 27, 2023 3:04 am

charlie g

Re: Newscientist

#2 Post by charlie g » Fri Jan 27, 2023 11:34 pm

Thank you,Sabatini, extremely profound work that doctor is doing with light pulses, and electron pulses.

My only puzzle with the article is it's use of: 'Bohr planetary orbital model for electron movements about their atomic nuclei.'..why digress from current understanding of electron behaviors in: S1, S2, 2p ,3S,3p...etc. geometries of electron distribution? I think the journalist could have used a different descriptive approach to how extreme short pulses of electrons may enhance understanding of matter at atomic level.

I wonder if an electron itself is depicted by this path of 'optics'...rather than much crisper images of atoms?

For me a stimulating article, again, thanks for posting. charlie g

Sabatini

Re: Newscientist

#3 Post by Sabatini » Thu Feb 02, 2023 8:51 pm

charlie g wrote:
Fri Jan 27, 2023 11:34 pm
Thank you,Sabatini, extremely profound work that doctor is doing with light pulses, and electron pulses.

My only puzzle with the article is it's use of: 'Bohr planetary orbital model for electron movements about their atomic nuclei.'..why digress from current understanding of electron behaviors in: S1, S2, 2p ,3S,3p...etc. geometries of electron distribution? I think the journalist could have used a different descriptive approach to how extreme short pulses of electrons may enhance understanding of matter at atomic level.

I wonder if an electron itself is depicted by this path of 'optics'...rather than much crisper images of atoms?

For me a stimulating article, again, thanks for posting. charlie g
Interesting approach!