My microscope usage

What equipment do you use? Post pictures and descriptions of your microscope(s) here!
exscream

My microscope usage

#1 Post by exscream » Wed Nov 11, 2020 6:17 pm

For leisure and convenience, I use my Chinese Accuscope. For high resolution and sharpness, I use my Lomo with apochromatic objectives and Koehler illumination. For unstained bacterias and some diatoms I use my old Swift with Koehler and phase contrast. For traveling I use my refurbished AO 150 with 4x, 10x, 20x and 40x objectives, I also replaced the binocular with a monocular and installed a home made battery powered LED light source. I also have a small shop microscope with standard a objective. I like this one for looking at sand and snowflakes. I built my own iPhone adapter to fit all my microscopes. It is set do that I only have to lay my phone in it's cradle and take pictures.

MicroBob

Re: My microscope usage

#2 Post by MicroBob » Wed Nov 11, 2020 7:14 pm

Hi,
welcome to the forum! You've assembled a nice and practical combination of instruments there. Can you show how you've built your phone adapter? This might be of interest for many people.
With which name can we address you?

Bob

Sabatini

#3 Post by Sabatini » Wed Nov 11, 2020 10:15 pm

Hello and welcome.
You could show us some images of your microscopes.

Rapidray

#4 Post by Rapidray » Thu Nov 12, 2020 1:15 pm

Welcome to the forum. Looking forward to seeing your photos!
OMAX M83

Greg Howald

#5 Post by Greg Howald » Thu Nov 12, 2020 2:48 pm

Welcome!
Lots of interested folks here and a great deal of knowledge as well. Don't be afraid to ask questions.
The people associated with the forum have been very helpful and very glad to be that way.
Greg