Olympus FHT

What equipment do you use? Post pictures and descriptions of your microscope(s) here!
LeeuwenhookieF

Re: Olympus FHT

#31 Post by LeeuwenhookieF » Mon Jun 06, 2022 12:32 am

Leitzcycler wrote:
Fri May 21, 2021 5:16 pm
My led light rectifier module for the original power source. Just plug it in.
Hello,
Can you shed some light as to the bits and pieces that were put together to enable the use of the microscope transformer onto the LED chip? I see a capacity? And what else? I only know a bit of electricity so any advise you render would be great;y appreciated. Hope you still read this old thread. Thanks!

LeeuwenhookieF

#32 Post by LeeuwenhookieF » Mon Jun 06, 2022 12:33 am

Leitzcycler wrote:
Fri May 21, 2021 5:16 pm
My led light rectifier module for the original power source. Just plug it in.
Hello,
Can you shed some light as to the bits and pieces that were put together to enable the use of the microscope transformer onto the LED chip? I see a capacity? And what else? I only know a bit of electricity so any advise you render would be great;y appreciated. Hope you still read this old thread. Thanks!
Attachments
rectifier open.JPG
rectifier open.JPG (90.4 KiB) Viewed 830 times

Leitzcycler

#33 Post by Leitzcycler » Mon Jun 06, 2022 7:07 pm

It is extremely simple. Just a bridge rectifier with a smoothening circuit. You may find almost an identical schematic e.g. here
https://www.powerversity.com/what-is-a- ... rectifier/

All the components are from my spare part boxes and the actual values of the components are not critical. The capacitor is to remove the voltage fluctuation for digital camera. I don't remember which bridge rectifier I put in, however it may be something like 300V 5A.

The case was constructed from some stuff from my metal junk box and I had some difficuties to fit the components inside. That's why it looks more complicated than it really is.

Hope this helps :)