Taking pictures with a stereo scope

What equipment do you use? Post pictures and descriptions of your microscope(s) here!
DonSchaeffer

Taking pictures with a stereo scope

#1 Post by DonSchaeffer » Wed Apr 07, 2021 9:51 pm

I just bought a stereo microscope to be used as a dissection microscope mostly. How do you take pictures with a stereo microscope? Any special techniques, just in case.

dtsh

Re: Taking pictures with a stereo scope

#2 Post by dtsh » Wed Apr 07, 2021 9:59 pm

DonSchaeffer wrote:
Wed Apr 07, 2021 9:51 pm
I just bought a stereo microscope to be used as a dissection microscope mostly. How do you take pictures with a stereo microscope? Any special techniques, just in case.
In my very limited experience, exactly as with a trinocular compound; my experience is so slim one could probably fairly assess it as non-existent though. I have tried a little with direct projection and afocal utilizing an eyepiece in the trinocular tube and I seem to get better results with the later.

Scarodactyl

Re: Taking pictures with a stereo scope

#3 Post by Scarodactyl » Thu Apr 08, 2021 2:10 am

If you want to focus stack just be aware the image will move horizontally as you focus in, that's just as it should be.
These basic ones with one or two fixed mags are cheap and basic, but you may be surprised by what a good image it produces. I tried a similar one a while back at a sales office and was pretty impressed.