New AmScope B270 and Present Set-up

What equipment do you use? Post pictures and descriptions of your microscope(s) here!
mikemarotta

New AmScope B270 and Present Set-up

#1 Post by mikemarotta » Wed Nov 09, 2022 6:22 pm

This past August, I bought an AmScope 270B and several sets of prepared slides.
New Amscope B 270 - 1b.jpeg
New Amscope B 270 - 1b.jpeg (325.09 KiB) Viewed 1272 times
Previously, in March, I bought two student monoculars through Goodwill Dot Com. (See post to this forum: https://www.microbehunter.com/microscop ... 24&t=15162)
(I am much happier with the direct purchase. I will continue to be an AmScope customer. I cannot say the same for Goodwill, though I know that others have been happy.) My current workbench is a bit crowded. My first project will be to draw my blood and make smear slides. For that, I bought a box of lancets for diabetes tests. There's a limit on how much histology you can do on yourself. I mean, I can swab cheek cells and such. Getting inside for a biopsy seems prohibitive.

Thanks,
Mike M.
-----------------------------
Michael E. Marotta
Technical Writer

Dennis

Re: New AmScope B270 and Present Set-up

#2 Post by Dennis » Wed Nov 09, 2022 6:29 pm

Mike,
Looks like a good microscope.
That is how I first started and how I started 2 friends- with prepared slides. Helps you start learning how to focus etc...
Oliver does tests on himself. He pulled a eye brow hair. He did something to have a small pus infection on his wrist. He put tape on his face to get face mites.
I did that last night. I put the shipper's box clear tape on my cheek and went to bed. 3 hours later I awoke and looked for a half hour or more and could not see any mites.
Oh well.