Bresser Advance ICD 10-160x

What equipment do you use? Post pictures and descriptions of your microscope(s) here!
legionair

Bresser Advance ICD 10-160x

#1 Post by legionair » Sun Jan 08, 2023 6:13 am

700.jpg
700.jpg (137.42 KiB) Viewed 2339 times
After seeing some pictures that where taken with a stereo microscope I couldn't resist to buy one,only two weeks after my Bresser trino researcher40X-1000X..
This one is also from bresser,the Advance ICD 10-160x.Together with a 5 MP microscope camera with a 0.5 reduction lens and zerene stacker I'm ready to explore the tiny world.

Trinocular head for visual observation and simultaneous camera use
Compatible with BRESSER MikroCams
1x-4x stereo zoom objective(stepless!)
2x Auxiliary Lens (doubles the magnification of eyepieces and zoom objective)
Powerful halogen lighting
2 different object plates for optimum contrast to the object
Observation of objects up to approx. 12 cm height
Integrated 220/240V power supply with cable
can be used with lightsourse from below and/or above

using my polarization filters
(sorry for the cigars package at the bottom)
Attachments
800.jpg
800.jpg (207.79 KiB) Viewed 2337 times

Scarodactyl

Re: Bresser Advance ICD 10-160x

#2 Post by Scarodactyl » Sun Jan 08, 2023 6:32 am

There's nothing like a nice stereo. Looks like you're putting it to good use!

legionair

#3 Post by legionair » Sun Jan 08, 2023 7:54 am

Scarodactyl wrote:
Sun Jan 08, 2023 6:32 am
There's nothing like a nice stereo. Looks like you're putting it to good use!
True!and the thing I like most on this one(besides that it can be used as a regular microscope) is that going from x10 to x40 goes stepless.
It's like you get sucked into the object,love it!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RiQrW8ScbdM

SanFran77

#4 Post by SanFran77 » Tue Jan 17, 2023 7:20 am

This looks absolutely fantastic! Do you or anyone happen to know if the Bresser Advance ICD 10x-160x is available on the American market or what the equivalent of American brands would be?

apochronaut

#5 Post by apochronaut » Tue Jan 17, 2023 11:55 am

SanFran77 wrote:
Tue Jan 17, 2023 7:20 am
This looks absolutely fantastic! Do you or anyone happen to know if the Bresser Advance ICD 10x-160x is available on the American market or what the equivalent of American brands would be?
The Amscope SH-2T is basically the same microscope. Both Bresser and Amscope are buying their microscopes from the same or equivalent factories in China but with various minor cosmetic differences in detail or minor functions that could make them seem different. That is desirable because the companies can then market them as unique. I use the term equivalent factories , because Chinese assembly plants also do the same, buying finished parts from manufacturing plants and then assembling slightly different looking models that function the same.
In the case of the Amscope SH-2T, the on off switch looks to be either integrated into the intensity control or moved somewhere else, the zoom knobs are slightly different and Amscope has chosen not to package the instrument with 20X eyepieces and a 2X Barlow lens. Those are available from Amscope for about 125.00 extra, collectively. Other than that mentioned it is an equivalent scope.

I don't know whether Amscope has learned from past mistakes or just missed this opportunity to upsell but the fact that they are not packaging the scope with those extra optics means you will save some money, convertible into perhaps better accessories. Standard 20X eyepieces particularly, are overkill but the high eyepoint W.F. stereo microscope eyepieces should work o.k. and provide at least an apparent field the same as the 10X or about 50% of the 10X real field. Those are over 100.00/pr., though. I would not bother with the standard W.F. 20X eyepieces due to a restricted eyepoint and field. Whether the 2X barlow or 20X eyepieces work acceptably or not depends entirely on whether the main objective has a high enough N.A. It needs to be .08 and theoretically could be but that would be pretty high for what is essentially a simple 4X common objective. Most stereo microscope objectives have lower N.A.s than compound microscope objectives of the same magnification.

SanFran77

#6 Post by SanFran77 » Tue Jan 17, 2023 4:36 pm

I don't know whether Amscope has learned from past mistakes or just missed this opportunity to upsell but the fact that they are not packaging the scope with those extra optics means you will save some money, convertible into perhaps better accessories. Standard 20X eyepieces particularly, are overkill but the high eyepoint W.F. stereo microscope eyepieces should work o.k. and provide at least an apparent field the same as the 10X or about 50% of the 10X real field.
Funny you would say that. I had researched on several German forums yesterday and found exactly that feedback: Generally a great stereo microscope for the price, but the 20x (or rather any of the non 10x that Bresser delivers) are a low in the overall setup. I will probably order the AmScope SH-2T-C2 from Amazon now, just wondering if I should pair it with a LCD display or a camera (and which one): One of the use cases for me is to show artifacts that we found on hikes to my kids. While the older ones will do fine with the stereo itself, the toddler wants to be part of the exploration team but obviously is extremely limited.

legionair

#7 Post by legionair » Tue Jan 17, 2023 6:18 pm

The 20x oculair I don't use myself but the 2x Barlow I screwed on the third Day and didn't remove it since.

Scarodactyl

#8 Post by Scarodactyl » Tue Jan 17, 2023 10:35 pm

apochronaut wrote:
Tue Jan 17, 2023 11:55 am
the same or equivalent factories in China but with various minor cosmetic differences in detail or minor functions that could make them seem different.
I wonder how universal this is. I recently got a second olympus sz4045 lookalike, but it was completely different internally from the last clone I got (which actually was built like an sz4045), just put into a superficially similar shell. I don't know if that happens with the meiji-alikes but now I wonder.

apochronaut

#9 Post by apochronaut » Wed Jan 18, 2023 12:16 am

For sure there are outliers . Motic used to be quite independent when Hong Kong was independent. Hong Kong still has some autonomy so the businesses there have more locally generated energy : albeit declining. Resistance is futile.
The idea that there is any culture of widespread entrepreneurial industrial production in China is pretty far fetched . Factories that make the designs can malingre up to the beaurocratic boundaries and can probably procure some variance from those based on the size of a potential contract.
Anything is possible as long as enough foreign currency is proffered.
General economical production is predictable.