My microscopes

What equipment do you use? Post pictures and descriptions of your microscope(s) here!
Prasmoski

My microscopes

#1 Post by Prasmoski » Sat Jan 28, 2023 4:15 pm

Hello everyone. I’m new here, although I have been using a stereo microscope for a few years to help me in repairing vintage fountain pens and setting nibs, I had never thought about using a microscope. That is until I recently viewed Oliver’s YouTube site. I now own a vintage Beck brightfield microscope and a new Brunel SP 60 brightfield with Köhler illumination. I am really finding microscopy an interesting hobby. I have so much more to discover and learn.

imkap

Re: My microscopes

#2 Post by imkap » Sat Jan 28, 2023 4:35 pm

Hi and welcome

Dennis

#3 Post by Dennis » Sat Jan 28, 2023 5:57 pm

Prasmoski,

Welcome to the forum !

rcmjonesmicro

#4 Post by rcmjonesmicro » Sat Jan 28, 2023 8:39 pm

Hi, I'm brand new here too, so maybe we can learn and enjoy our hobby better. :)

rcmjonesmicro

#5 Post by rcmjonesmicro » Mon Jun 12, 2023 1:24 am

Since my January post I've obtained an American Optical series 20 trinocular and converted the illumination to LED. I was also able to obtain very reasonably the darkfield condensers (both use oil) and the phase contrast condenser with objectives. Soon I'd like to find a great microscope camera for still and video. I favor water specimens (from pond and birdbath) at present, but would like to work with botanicals when I can find a suitable small manual microtome (my workspace is limited). This is a great hobby that I started as a kid, but now have kicked into a higher gear as I near retirement. I welcome all replies and comments.

einman

#6 Post by einman » Mon Jun 12, 2023 2:00 am

Welcome!