New stereo microscope

What equipment do you use? Post pictures and descriptions of your microscope(s) here!
MicroPunter

New stereo microscope

#1 Post by MicroPunter » Fri Oct 20, 2023 5:44 pm

Just took delivery of a great Brunel BMDZ LED Stand stereo microscope. I have never used a stereo microscope before and I really wasn’t prepared for the incredible sight of a spider through the eyepieces. It was absolutely glorious and the camera view on my computer just can not compare. I had no idea how good it would be.

I bought it primarily for specimen preparation and looking at the condition of coins but I’m now hooked on insects and flowers. This microscope is a zoom model, with magnification through its huge (10x) eyepieces of 7.5x to 45x. The base I opted for has an up light and a down light, both powerful LED.

I don’t know if I can say this here, if not I apologise and will edit the post. I’ve also been blown away by the service at Brunel Microscopes. I had a couple of questions about buying a stereo microscope and got a call back from the boss. I wonder if that would have happened if I was calling one of the big four! The microscope has fantastic build quality, it is such a wonderful instrument. It puts the quality of my Swift compound to shame. When I’m ready to upgrade the SW380T I know exactly where I’m going shopping.
IMG_6350.jpeg
IMG_6350.jpeg (320.52 KiB) Viewed 2556 times

Dennis

Re: New stereo microscope

#2 Post by Dennis » Sat Oct 21, 2023 10:36 pm

MicroPunter,

Nice piece of equipment.

MicroPunter

#3 Post by MicroPunter » Sun Oct 22, 2023 9:30 pm

Dennis wrote:
Sat Oct 21, 2023 10:36 pm
Nice piece of equipment.
It is, thanks, the staff at Brunel suggested it after I told them what I wanted. I’m really pleased with it. Microbehunter, in one of his marvellous videos, talked about stereo microscopes and I thought “yep, I want to see that too.” The views through the eyepieces are stunning, and I think this scope is a good one!

Frankiev

#4 Post by Frankiev » Sun Oct 29, 2023 2:57 pm

Just to confirm what you said about Brunel microscopes. I have never had anything but fantastic service from them. I needed to free up the fine focus of my Leitz Wetzlar Dialux. On phoning Brunel, I spoke to Alan, the director, who promptly sent me a series of detailed photos showing the breakdown of the focus mechanism. Following these I was able to dismantle and reassemble it.....albeit with some head scratching and heart in mouth moments.

MicroPunter

#5 Post by MicroPunter » Mon Oct 30, 2023 12:18 am

Frankiev wrote:
Sun Oct 29, 2023 2:57 pm
Just to confirm what you said about Brunel microscopes. I have never had anything but fantastic service from them.
Yes, Frankie’s, Brunel Microscopes really do offer a fantastic service. Not only do they actually email you back if you ask a question, something some other companies don’t always do, but I’ve spoken to several members of Brunel staff and they have all been so knowledgeable and generous with their time. The staff actually enjoy talking about microscopes. I have made several orders and really wouldn’t consider going anywhere else for microscopes, accessories, stains and dissection tools.