can i improve the quality?

Do you have any microscopy questions, which you are afraid to ask? This is your place.
sp0nser

can i improve the quality?

#1 Post by sp0nser » Mon Apr 26, 2021 3:06 am

hello
my microscope camera is low quality and I want to fix that, is it the camera or the microscope. do I have to get a better camera? my camera is a am scope md35
thanks.
PS. I cant upload a video, it just wont let me

MichaelG.

Re: can i improve the quality?

#2 Post by MichaelG. » Mon Apr 26, 2021 8:14 pm

Greetings ... welcome aboard

The main limitation of that camera [ https://amscope.co.uk/products/0-3-mega ... 6899801223 ] will be the low resolution of 640x480 pixels.

It is possible to produce useful images at that resolution ... but we have been seduced by the dramatic quality of high-resolution images and 4K television.
Do think seriously about what you want/need though:
The combination of high resolution, high image quality, and high frame-rate can get pricey.

What microscope do you have ... and what to you want to produce from the camera ?

MichaelG.
Too many 'projects'

sp0nser

#3 Post by sp0nser » Mon Apr 26, 2021 9:21 pm

https://www.amscope.com/compound-micros ... amera.html
this is the microscope i have.
what i want in a microscope is realism, a higher quality and more detail to the micro organisms(resolution), like DIC

Greg Howald

#4 Post by Greg Howald » Sat May 01, 2021 4:32 am

The Amscope M35 camera is a small eyepiece type of camera which will of course fit in the photo tube on a trinocular scope. This camera is what I call 'open' image. There is usually not a reduction lens that come with it. The size of image ( not the magnification but just the size of image or field of view ) is small. The field of view is similar to that of using the 40x objective with a 10x eyepiece. The easiest solution for this is to purchase a 0.50 reduction lens which will increase the field of view by half, making it similar in size as to what you would see at 20x. If I were you I would consider the cost of a reduction lens as compared to a USB camera that includes the reduction lens. There is a wide variety of cameras available. Hopefully this information will help you to make a decision. Have fun.
Greg

75RR

#5 Post by 75RR » Sat May 01, 2021 6:11 am

One can only capture videos and photos of what one can see through the eyepieces, and the quality of the view through the eyepieces depends on many factors.

They include to name but three, the type and NA (numerical aperture) of the objective, the illumination technique and the sample preparation among many others.

As to the camera, the one on your mobile phone (assuming you have one) is probably better than what you are using.

http://www.microscopy-uk.org.uk/mag/art ... omicro.pdf
Zeiss Standard WL (somewhat fashion challenged) & Wild M8
Olympus E-P2 (Micro Four Thirds Camera)