Buying a Cheap Phase Contrast Microscope

Do you have any microscopy questions, which you are afraid to ask? This is your place.
anajparsat123123

Buying a Cheap Phase Contrast Microscope

#1 Post by anajparsat123123 » Tue Jun 01, 2021 9:14 am

Hi! I am looking to buy my first microscope and I definitely want it to be a phase contrast microscope because I plan on viewing live cells without staining (I have done a fair bit of research about the various types of microscopes and how they work). My budget for this microscope is pretty low: 500 max but I was mainly look for something around 400. I don't really like the idea of buying a used one or a resale one. I have found a single phase contrast microscope at this price point from amscope called the T400A-30W-PCT (linked below). I am skeptical about it being so cheap because I really couldn't find anything new around this price point. So it would be great if someone could just check it out and make sure there is nothing completely wrong with it (as in something missing or of very bad quality) or point out why it is so much cheaper than other phase contrast microscopes. Also, if you have any other recommendations for what I should do, that would be appreciated as well! Thanks in advance!

https://www.amscope.com/compound-micros ... nal_tabbed