Photo tube (?) for Nikon Model S

Do you have any microscopy questions, which you are afraid to ask? This is your place.
Sanderguy777

Photo tube (?) for Nikon Model S

#1 Post by Sanderguy777 » Fri Jan 14, 2022 5:18 am

I just finished restoring my Nikon Model S! A summer and a winter break spent on it and it looks great (still a little dust, but I'll sort that out if it becomes an issue).

My question is what I need to get to put a Sony a7 mk3 on the photo tube of the trinocular head (correct me on the terms. Is the third eye piece tube on a trinoc head the photo tube, or is it the part I need to add?)

What do I need? should I try to get something to adapt from the microscope to a Canon or Nikon DSLR mount and then add an adapter to the camera? Or is there an option for a good direct to Sony adapter? Thanks

Sanderguy777

Re: Photo tube (?) for Nikon Model S

#2 Post by Sanderguy777 » Wed Jan 26, 2022 4:36 pm

I ended up getting a Nikon Microflex PFM. I'm not sure what parts I need. Is there anyone who has info on parts I need? I think I have everything other than the remote shutter, but I would like info on that and the camera mount that I would need. Thanks.

Sanderguy777

Re: Photo tube (?) for Nikon Model S

#3 Post by Sanderguy777 » Wed Jan 26, 2022 5:16 pm

https://manual-hub.com/manuals/nikon-s- ... df-manual/

Section 6 on pg 18 is the only information I could find other than a REALLY basic overview on microscopeU