Toupview question on scale bars

Here you can discuss topics such as focus stacking, stitching and other techniques that relate to the processing of micrographs.
Jerradin

Toupview question on scale bars

#1 Post by Jerradin » Tue Sep 08, 2020 5:34 pm

Apologies if this is answered in the ToupView documentation, but I couldn't seem to find it.

Sometimes, I'll snap a picture in ToupView and realize that I had the wrong magnification selected from the drop down. If that happens, I can't seem to figure out how to make ToupView change the magnification settings on that image. If I select the correct magnification and then re-add the scale bar, it still adheres to the original magnification setting I had selected when I took the picture. How can I correct the magnification that ToupView seems to "remember" for that image?

Thank you!

mrsonchus

Re: Toupview question on scale bars

#2 Post by mrsonchus » Tue Sep 08, 2020 7:30 pm

With any image that's 'already been taken' and by an objective that you've already added to your calibrated magnifications list it's easy. Open the image in TView, select the image-->resolution button and a dropdown will have your pre-(by you) calibrated magnifications to choose from. Simply choose which one to use - i.e. the one for the objective you actually used to take the image - and the resolution and consequently the measurement calibration will be correct - as testified by the measurement bars around the image window! Then simply apply measurements and/or scale-bars as usual. I recently posted re this, as it's not widely known that TView and it's measurement capabilities are able to be used for ANY image from ANY camera from which calibration has been set with an image of a calibration-slide.

It's not mandatory to have used a ToupCam to take the image - I use TView for measurements of images taken with my Canon DSLR on my BX50's phototube.
John B

Jerradin

Re: Toupview question on scale bars

#3 Post by Jerradin » Wed Sep 09, 2020 1:39 pm

Asked and answered! Thank you, mrsonchus.