MycoCam5 question please.

Here you can discuss topics such as focus stacking, stitching and other techniques that relate to the processing of micrographs.
Gasman

MycoCam5 question please.

#1 Post by Gasman » Fri Oct 30, 2020 2:12 pm

Hi guys
I seem to be going round in circles trying to simply take a jpg using this software but no luck so far. It appears to be very useful and I`m sure I`m making it more complicated than it is and I only seem to be able to take a jpg after right clicking on `save image` on the Measure page, is that the only way?.
Would be great if someone could give a quick work flow on the use of this popular software please. I just want to be able to take a jpg of the image I see but clicking the `grab button` doesn`t do anything??. My little camera is recognised fine and shows the image great in liveview. I`ve printed off the help file and found a line that says after clicking on Image>Measure you goto the Measure page where you can press `Enter` as a shortcut but it just takes you back to the Process page??
Best
Steve

mrsonchus

Re: MycoCam5 question please.

#2 Post by mrsonchus » Fri Oct 30, 2020 3:46 pm

Hi, can't find the4 sofware anywhere to download and try.... What camera do you have?
John B

Gasman

#3 Post by Gasman » Fri Oct 30, 2020 4:02 pm

Its this one John at the bottom. Seems a great piece of software if I can suss it out ;-). I have the little 5meg Toupcam
http://www.shotbolt.com/shop/shop.htm
Steve

mrsonchus

#4 Post by mrsonchus » Fri Oct 30, 2020 5:25 pm

Ah yes,

BUT - if you have the 5mp ToupCam (USB2 probably) then you are in luck! The makers of ToupCams - 'ToupTek' I think, have an extremely good and totally free software program called 'ToupView' that will do absolutely everything that MycoCam5 does, and very likely a lot more. It has 32-bit and 64-bit versions. I've been using it with a 5mp ToupCam (USB2) for several years and the combination is very good indeed.
Go get ToupView, you'll never look back, it's superb.

I've posted here many times re ToupView, a few searches for it with my username - mrsonchus, in this forum's search will get you to some great info and demonstrations of what and how, all with the same camera as yours!
John B

Gasman

#5 Post by Gasman » Fri Oct 30, 2020 7:21 pm

Hi John
Yes Ive tried Toupview and it is a very good app but for some strange reason I always had a flicker in the liveview which made focusing not an easy task. I tried many different settings and ended up fluctuating between Toupview and S-eye another app for the imaging. Whether it was a driver thing I never found out and emails to Touptek didn't help. I'm currently beta testing Altami Studio v4 and that is working brilliantly and is my app of choice at present but always willing to try others hence the try with MycoCam.

Roldorf

#6 Post by Roldorf » Fri Oct 30, 2020 10:18 pm

I could never get it to work.

Unknown Brand: Optika SFX 91: Bresser Science Infinity: Canon 4000d
ImageImage

Gasman

#7 Post by Gasman » Sat Oct 31, 2020 7:15 am

Roldorf wrote:
Fri Oct 30, 2020 10:18 pm
I could never get it to work.
Which app MycoCam,Altami or Toupview? I have heard Altami 3.5 had a few issues but I never tried it and after posting on here I was given a free licence to beta test v4 and so far so good!.
Steve

Roldorf

#8 Post by Roldorf » Sat Oct 31, 2020 9:12 am

Mycocam

Unknown Brand: Optika SFX 91: Bresser Science Infinity: Canon 4000d
ImageImage