Which version of Helicon Focus to purchase?

Here you can discuss topics such as focus stacking, stitching and other techniques that relate to the processing of micrographs.
CurlSnout

Which version of Helicon Focus to purchase?

#1 Post by CurlSnout » Mon Dec 28, 2020 6:57 am

Hello Citizens,

I learned about Helicon Focus software from other members of this forum. I downloaded the 30-day 'Trial' version and enjoy using it very much to render image stacks and save them. Now that my trial period has expired, the software still works, but the rendered images can only be saved in relatively low resolution and they have watermark stamps built into them. My understanding is that the 'Demo' version of the software is the 'Pro' version. I would like to purchase a license to get back the functionality that I enjoyed before, but I'm not sure which version to purchase - for example, 'Lite' vs 'Pro'. Can someone who is experienced with Helicon Focus offer guidance/advice?

Thanks.

Peace,

cs

Scarodactyl

Re: Which version of Helicon Focus to purchase?

#2 Post by Scarodactyl » Mon Dec 28, 2020 4:02 pm

Lite is almost worthless imo, it is crippled by removing basic features like manual touchup.

TomFid

Re: Which version of Helicon Focus to purchase?

#3 Post by TomFid » Fri Jan 29, 2021 9:29 pm

Right - I found Lite too little as well. Pro has the RAW->DNG mode, which I find indispensable. AFAIK you only need Premium for the Android mobile app.

Feature table is here:
https://www.heliconsoft.com/helicon-foc ... licensing/