Microscope manufacturer Hirox has created a panorama of Vermeer’s famous Girl with a Pearl Earring

Here you can discuss topics such as focus stacking, stitching and other techniques that relate to the processing of micrographs.
microb

Microscope manufacturer Hirox has created a panorama of Vermeer’s famous Girl with a Pearl Earring

#1 Post by microb » Fri Jan 22, 2021 10:50 pm

See the 'Girl with a Pearl Earring' painting in 10-gigapixel detail

Microscope manufacturer Hirox has created a panorama of Vermeer’s famous Girl with a Pearl Earring at a mind-boggling 10-gigapixel resolution, as spotted by Petapixel. Over 9,100 photos were captured by the company’s Hirox 3D microscope down to a detail of four microns per pixel, revealing every crack and drop of paint with unprecedented detail. The group also created a 3D map of the canvas, revealing what looks like the surface of a strange planet.

https://www.engadget.com/girl-with-a-pe ... 03372.html

MichaelG.

Re: Microscope manufacturer Hirox has created a panorama of Vermeer’s famous Girl with a Pearl Earring

#2 Post by MichaelG. » Fri Jan 22, 2021 11:46 pm

Wow !!

Thanks for the link
... Here’s the next step [as mentioned in his video]
https://www.micro-pano.com/pearl/index.html

MichaelG.
Too many 'projects'

tgss

Re: Microscope manufacturer Hirox has created a panorama of Vermeer’s famous Girl with a Pearl Earring

#3 Post by tgss » Sat Jan 23, 2021 1:09 pm

Wow indeed! Thanks for that. Always loved the painting, have the Tracy Chevalier book, seen the movie, and now this. What would Vermeer think?
Tom W.

Sabatini

#4 Post by Sabatini » Tue Feb 23, 2021 5:25 pm

Impressive !!!
Thanks for sharing!

Greg Howald

#5 Post by Greg Howald » Wed Feb 24, 2021 3:45 am

My wife is a professional artist. Now, how do I keep her out of my lab? 😃
Greg

Scarodactyl

#6 Post by Scarodactyl » Wed Feb 24, 2021 6:09 am

Greg Howald wrote:
Wed Feb 24, 2021 3:45 am
My wife is a professional artist. Now, how do I keep her out of my lab? 😃
Greg
Clearly you need to buy her a digital macroscope so she'll be too busy making panoramas :D