IC Measure alternative ?

Here you can discuss topics such as focus stacking, stitching and other techniques that relate to the processing of micrographs.
bundyboy

IC Measure alternative ?

#1 Post by bundyboy » Wed May 18, 2022 11:18 am

Hi,

we have Metallurgical Microscope Olympus GX51, and until recently we used their software, and camera.

however, the drivers and the program are not compatible with windows 10. so we decided to buy a new camera, because the camera and software from Olympus is too expensive.

we now use software IC Measure, and of course their camera.

overall we are satisfied, but unfortunately we are missing one function from the old program. which this new program does not have.

this: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LBsu7kGAQ5k

it is called olympus Create all-in-focus images: EFI

so we wonder if there might be a free microscope program that has that capability?

Thank you

Scarodactyl

Re: IC Measure alternative ?

#2 Post by Scarodactyl » Wed May 18, 2022 3:58 pm

I don't know of a way to do it as easily and elegantly as the Olympus software. You can do this manually by taking each capture and stacking them with a program like picolay (free) or helicon or zerene (paid). You can automate taking the stack with a motor attachment for your fine focus knob like a Micromate (which can also be controlled with Helicon Remote).

bundyboy

#3 Post by bundyboy » Thu May 19, 2022 7:23 am

Hi,

it is not a problem to do it manually.

in fact the problem is that if we use an additional program for stacking. then I have to make a few images in the program from the microscope, and then transfer those images to another program.

it further complicates everything. this way if we had all the functions in one program, it would be great.

Tom Jones

#4 Post by Tom Jones » Thu May 19, 2022 2:58 pm

Have you tried running your old software in the Win 10 Compatibility Mode? It's designed to allow older software to run on Win 10.

imkap

#5 Post by imkap » Sat Jun 04, 2022 2:15 pm

You can use Virtual PC and install win xp and whatever you want on it. It worked great for me a few years ago. I think it's called Hyper-v now...
It is a program which you open and it acts like a normal PC, not related to anything on your current Windows installation. It's like having an another system in a window...