Focus stacking from a video

Here you can discuss topics such as focus stacking, stitching and other techniques that relate to the processing of micrographs.
bkt

Re: Focus stacking from a video

#31 Post by bkt » Sat Mar 16, 2024 11:22 pm

fdupre wrote:
Fri Mar 15, 2024 8:36 am
do you have a link?
The links would point to 2x3w LEDs on goosenecks for $100 or more. I saw also options for much more light, but at $500.

So far, I didn't find options for the LEDs, their heat sinks and condensers only.

I've now ordered some parts for less than $100, and for up to 6x5W LEDs. Total 30W vs 6W. For low ISO and high exposure speeds, this shall make a big difference. I do enjoy ISO 100 or 80 and short exposure times...

Cameras will adapt to 6 to 30W, and a lot of Lumen, our eyes won't...

With 30W, I'll take some extra care. At the least, feeding the LEDs with low power for positioning. Then high power for shots.

Gooseneks not being the best for precise and thigh positioning. Might be suitable for inspection, not for microscopy. According to what I'll get out from the parts and LEDs I ordered, I'll go for some "magic arms".

fdupre

#32 Post by fdupre » Sun Mar 17, 2024 5:40 pm

above all, don't hesitate to post photos of the LEDs once installed. I am very impatient to see your lighting system. . .
Equipment : binocular magnifier Bresser Biorit ICD x20 x40 / Microscope "Bresser" science infinity / Home macro bench
YouTube channel : https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCTbdg7 ... J_VpBU54YQ
first name : Franck

bkt

#33 Post by bkt » Fri Mar 22, 2024 9:12 pm

fdupre wrote:
Sun Mar 17, 2024 5:40 pm
above all, don't hesitate to post photos of the LEDs once installed. I am very impatient to see your lighting system. . .
Will take some time. I got big LED heat sinks. Shall allow me to adapt them to common photo 1/4 mounts.

Plus LEDs and 5°beam optics that nicely pop and fit firmly on the LEDs. But that way, I would have to mod a lot the pop on optics to get some space for screws and wires.

I'm waiting for 10° beam optics that shall have a lower diameter. Would ease the wiring and the assembly. That's the point with DIY, you never know exactly were you go...

I hope I'll get so 5W led spot lights with a 10° beam, easy to build. Screwing the LED on the heat sink, poping on the optic.