Zeiss Opton Microscope CMOS Camera adapter

Due to the large number of spam registrations, I have temporarily deactivated the possibility to sign up, until I have checked all the registrations. If you want to sign up for the forum, please email me and I will register you manually.
Istvan Sabo

Zeiss Opton Microscope CMOS Camera adapter

#1 Post by Istvan Sabo » Sun Apr 09, 2017 11:09 am

OPTON1.docx
(790.02 KiB) Downloaded 840 times
Hi all,
I have a Zeiss Opton Universal Research Microscope, with photo tube mounting end size of 43mm.
I am looking for the 0.5x,or 1.0x adapter the CMOS 14MP camera with 1/2.3 Panasonic sensor.
Anybody have some input?
Thanks

Oktagon

Re: Zeiss Opton Microscope CMOS Camera adapter

#2 Post by Oktagon » Sun Apr 09, 2017 8:00 pm

Another owner of beautiful Zeiss Universal !!! Great instruments, adaptable to just about anything (hence the name).

Actually I just looked at your photo, and your microscope is not Universal. It is Photomicroscope III with "special illuminator", a very expensive option which allowed use of 200W lamps as well as mercury arcs.
Most, but not all accessories for Universal will work on Photomic. There has been long talk about someone manufacturing a digital version of the internal 35mm camera.
Almost any adapter will work. If you have one of the telescopic phototubes, you just need a ste-down adapter to fit c-mount threads on the camera and pretty much any projective.