Updated Forum Rules

Due to the large number of spam registrations, I have temporarily deactivated the possibility to sign up, until I have checked all the registrations. If you want to sign up for the forum, please email me and I will register you manually.
admin
Site Admin

Updated Forum Rules

#1 Post by admin » Mon Nov 25, 2019 11:39 pm

Dear Microscopy Community,
In response to some abusive posts in the past and some feuds between members, I have updated the forum rules - and I will become strict. From now on, I will not only remove offensive posts, but I will also block/remove members that attack other members on this forum. Should members write abuse personal messages (PMs), then this also applies from now on. Do not respond to abusive posts, but simply inform me. No feeding of trolls please. It is also the obligation of everyone not to provoke anyone else to elicit such an abusive response. Please report abusive messages, spam, etc.

Anyone can declare other members as "foes" and this way their posts will not be visible to you. Click on the other member's name to view the profile of the member. Then click the link "add foe" to block out the posts of this person.

Happy Microbehunting, Oliver.
Science may set limits to knowledge, but should not set limits to imagination.
(Bertrand Russell)

Hobbyst46

Re: Updated Forum Rules

#2 Post by Hobbyst46 » Tue Nov 26, 2019 7:38 am

Thanks a lot, Oliver !

RosMic125

#3 Post by RosMic125 » Mon Mar 01, 2021 12:34 pm

Sounds good - Thanks

mrsonchus

#4 Post by mrsonchus » Mon Mar 01, 2021 1:08 pm

Great move Oliver, the World's in danger of toxic-overflow it seems!
John B

apochronaut

#5 Post by apochronaut » Mon Mar 01, 2021 2:36 pm

I never understood the friend, foe thing. I can sometimes see it in play, where the result is a clear discontinuity of the thread as a result of a poster being out of the loop, not knowing that a post has been made. If one doesn't want to know what someone else has posted, that's o.k. but sometimes it might be good to know!
Controls, while necessary, sometimes can backfire and make things just a little too much like all is being monitored by big brother or worse, like a daycare.

MichaelG.

#6 Post by MichaelG. » Fri Oct 14, 2022 9:12 am

luckywin wrote:
Fri Oct 14, 2022 8:23 am
The forums you share are really helpful to me, I will follow your posts regularly. For more information about me, go here: nytimes crossword
So now we have a spammer on this thread

… is there no end to their ‘work’ ?

MichaelG.
Too many 'projects'

Dubious

#7 Post by Dubious » Sat Oct 15, 2022 12:18 am

The attempts won't stop until search engines quit giving points for links from other sites.

perrywespa

#8 Post by perrywespa » Sat Oct 15, 2022 9:43 pm

Thank you, Oliver!
Perry
Insatiably curious.