Hello from southern California

What is your microscopy history? What are your interests? What equipment do you use?
OpticsFan

Hello from southern California

#1 Post by OpticsFan » Thu Oct 28, 2021 6:38 pm

Retired software engineer and life long fan of optics. Telescopes, astrophotography, terrestrial photography, Lasers and Microscopes. I love being able to see and photograph things beyond normal sight.

I have not had a microscope since I was a teen though and decided to treat myself to an adult setup for Christmas this year. After looking around for a bit I bought an Amscope B690C and a few accessories to get started. Being a Christmas present though It's still in it's box! It's going to be a LONG two months :D

(I did open it up and test it out to make sure there were no problems that warranted a return/replacement)

Looking forward to being able to participate in addition to just reading though other peoples awesome posts :D

75RR

Re: Hello from southern California

#2 Post by 75RR » Sun Oct 31, 2021 7:52 pm

Hi OpticsFan, welcome.

I must say that I do not think there is a single member of this forum that can get their head around your decision to sit on your new microscope for two months on the basis of you having earmarked it for a religious holiday.

Look forward to your comments on your experience with it in January.
Zeiss Standard WL (somewhat fashion challenged) & Wild M8
Olympus E-P2 (Micro Four Thirds Camera)

Javier

#3 Post by Javier » Sun Oct 31, 2021 9:39 pm

Welcome!

Just cheat a little bit and start observing. I might end with some other microscopy toys under the tree for December... :lol:

Ethan1989

#4 Post by Ethan1989 » Thu Nov 04, 2021 6:13 pm

Hello and welcome to the forum! Wish you best of luck and hope you will learn alot form here.