Hello everyone. Guten Tag!

What is your microscopy history? What are your interests? What equipment do you use?
hgrav_DE

Hello everyone. Guten Tag!

#1 Post by hgrav_DE » Tue Jul 26, 2022 2:11 pm

Hello everyone!
Im really new to microscopy and have rather impulsivley bought a 2009 Mircros MCX100 Trinocular Microscope off E-Bay. I dont even know if it is any good, as is cannot find much about it but it seems alright. If anyone has one or knows them, maybe we can get in touch and share experiences about what objectives work well and so on, as it is missing the 100x (which i apparently dont need anyways according to Oliver ;) ). So here I am, getting into it with a lot of inspiration from Olivers Youtube Channel, and from now on hopefully from this Forum. Im mostly interested in Micro-Photography at the moment, but of course also somewhat scientifically inclined.

Greetings from Berlin,

Henning

P.S.: I also speak german of course.

Javier

Re: Hello everyone. Guten Tag!

#2 Post by Javier » Tue Jul 26, 2022 3:22 pm

Welcome!

blekenbleu

#3 Post by blekenbleu » Tue Jul 26, 2022 4:00 pm

hgrav_DE wrote:
Tue Jul 26, 2022 2:11 pm
bought a 2009 Micros MCX100 Trinocular Microscope
Welcome, that may also be called "Crocus":
http://www.xlab.ro/en/MCX100_Crocus_lab ... oscope_LED
Metaphot, Optiphot 1, 66; AO 10, 120, EPIStar, Cycloptic

hgrav_DE

#4 Post by hgrav_DE » Wed Jul 27, 2022 7:03 pm

Yes, apparently that’s it. 16k RON! :shock: Luckily Microscopes seem to have more reasonable prices on eBay. I just got it set up today, did some first tests with stuff i found around the house and it seems to be very decent. Only minus is the halogen lamp gets very hot. I never new Flies had Spikes all over their Wings! Now I need to learn to make proper Slides. :D

SWmicro

#5 Post by SWmicro » Thu Jul 28, 2022 5:52 pm

hgrav_DE wrote:
Hello everyone!
.. the 100x (which i apparently dont need anyways according to Oliver ;) )
Welcome aboard !
I have replaced my 100x ( which I also do not need (yet!) ) with a 60x.

hgrav_DE

#6 Post by hgrav_DE » Fri Jul 29, 2022 8:21 pm

Thanks for the warm welcome! I have had a couple of objects where my 40x was a little low, but my camera should arrive soon. Sadly, i do have quite a lot of floaters in my eyes, making it difficult to watch for fine details, so maybe watching things on a monitor will help. Im really suprised how much life is in a pipette full of rainbarrel water.. Maybe ill provide some pictures soon. I have noticed that my stage sqeaks when moving and the corase focus is quite stiff, also the focus friction lever doesnt seem to work. Is there anything to watch out for or can i just degrease everything and use regular all purpose grease or oil?

fellantilope

#7 Post by fellantilope » Tue Nov 29, 2022 1:36 am

hgrav_DE wrote:
Hello everyone!
Im really new to microscopy and have rather impulsivley bought a 2009 Mircros MCX100 Trinocular Microscope off E-Bay. I dont even know if it is any good, as is cannot find much about it but it seems alright. If anyone has one or knows them, maybe we can get in touch and share experiences about what objectives work well and so on, as it is missing the 100x (which i apparently dont need anyways according to Oliver ;) ). So here I am, getting into it with a lot of inspiration from Olivers Youtube Channel, and from now on hopefully from this Forum. Im mostly interested in Micro-Photography at the moment, but of course also somewhat scientifically inclined.

Greetings from Berlin,

Henning

P.S.: I also speak german of course.
Hi, can you tell me what is the price you bought? I'm referencing prices from many different places.
dinosaur gameNo pain no gain

Dennis

#8 Post by Dennis » Tue Nov 29, 2022 9:30 am

hgrav_DE,
Good Day!
Welcome to the forum.

I don't use 100X. I actually wish the microscope manufacturers thought the other way and had say a 1X or 2X (for big worms, larvae)
I think it makes the microscope sound good if it can get all the way to this huge number! Anyhow that is what I think. (water microbe looker)

Have a great time with the hobby!