Hello From Western Canada

What is your microscopy history? What are your interests? What equipment do you use?
dylazo

Hello From Western Canada

#1 Post by dylazo » Mon Aug 03, 2020 10:03 pm

Greeting All,
Microscopy has just recently been awakened into my world as direct consequence of the Pandemic state of the world.
I've been part of a team involved in the testing of respirators and observation and measurement of particles has been an essential part of that process. I recently called on some connections and acquired a complete reasonable shape Zeiss Standard 16 microscope and after a few observations was hooked! I've upgraded with some additional objectives, a rotating stage, a couple of condensers (DF/Phase Contrast), a selection of filters and a digital camera. I've seen photographs of specimens in DIC and was investigating it's possible application for the project when I came to this forum.I found this most informative with fantastic references/comments for many microscopy topics. After seeing the forums on VAC I signed up to be more involved and perhaps find some more written material or discussions on VAC and setups. I'd like to add this to the observation techniques and see if it is successful.