Hello from Duisburg, Germany

What is your microscopy history? What are your interests? What equipment do you use?
Krishan

Hello from Duisburg, Germany

#1 Post by Krishan » Tue Aug 18, 2020 7:05 pm

Hi, I am quite late with my introduction, have already had some profit from this wonderful knowledge base.

I am 59 and I live in Duisburg (Germany). I have returned to microscopy after many, many years after selling my astronomy equipment due to light pollution in my area, too few clear nights that really deserve lots of driving and hating the weight of the equipment.

So I stumbled over Oliver‘s great Youtube channel and grabbed out my old Olympus CH-2 that I only used once a year for honey analysis (I‘m a bee keeper, too). It‘s the other end of the cosmos and not less interesting than stars and galaxies. And it‘s full of aliens. Additionally there are no cold nights, no long preparations and no heavy equipment but comfortable hours in the living room as well as observations that I can easily share with my wife.

In fact I am currently building a second CH-2 from parts to have a second device for my spouse as well as phase contrast.

Thanks to Oliver for his inspiring content, thanks to anyone who has already helped me, I am so curious for the things to come.

Regards
Krishan

linuxusr

Re: Hello from Duisburg, Germany

#2 Post by linuxusr » Sat Nov 13, 2021 11:13 pm

Krishan wrote:
Tue Aug 18, 2020 7:05 pm
Hi, I am quite late with my introduction, have already had some profit from this wonderful knowledge base.

I am 59 and I live in Duisburg (Germany). I have returned to microscopy after many, many years after selling my astronomy equipment due to light pollution in my area, too few clear nights that really deserve lots of driving and hating the weight of the equipment.

So I stumbled over Oliver‘s great Youtube channel and grabbed out my old Olympus CH-2 that I only used once a year for honey analysis (I‘m a bee keeper, too). It‘s the other end of the cosmos and not less interesting than stars and galaxies. And it‘s full of aliens. Additionally there are no cold nights, no long preparations and no heavy equipment but comfortable hours in the living room as well as observations that I can easily share with my wife.

In fact I am currently building a second CH-2 from parts to have a second device for my spouse as well as phase contrast.

Thanks to Oliver for his inspiring content, thanks to anyone who has already helped me, I am so curious for the things to come.

Regards
Krishan
Hello Krishan,

I hope you are enjoying your Part 2 of your microscopy journey. I am retired in the Dominican Republic. I had two years of university level German 45 years ago. I am now returning to the language and studying. I plan to visit Germany in 2022. I was thinking about visiting the Zeiss corporation in Jena. I will have to investigate if they are even open to the public or if there is anything of interest there.

Do you have any recommendations with respect to microscopy and Germany?
Nikon AlphaPhot 2 < Zeiss Primostar 3, Full Köhler; Axiocam 208 Color < UHD LG
Aller Anfang ist schwer.