Hello from Brazil!

What is your microscopy history? What are your interests? What equipment do you use?
tabkiel

Hello from Brazil!

#1 Post by tabkiel » Mon Sep 14, 2020 11:42 am

Hi everyone!! My name's Tenshi, I'm 16 and from São Paulo, Brazil :D

I've been interested in biological sciences since I was a child and after watching some videos from Journey To The Microcosmos on YouTube I wanted to try my hand at microscopy!

I'll admit it, the microscope was sort of an impulse purchase but I love it and I'm having a lot of fun with it so far!! It's a DIGILAB DI-136T (not sure what that means) and I have 5 cultures with moss, pond water, two with lake water and sewage water, all of them are thriving!!

The most abundant organism in my cultures are Paramecia, but there are also some rotifers, roundworms, Peritrich ciliates and Stentors which were a big milestone for me as I've always wanted to see them!!

I look forward to making many discoveries and friends on this forum ^_^

~ Tenshi

perrywespa

Re: Hello from Brazil!

#2 Post by perrywespa » Mon Sep 14, 2020 8:20 pm

Welcome, Tenshi! There are many friendly and knowledgeable members here who can help. One caution I would offer though, is to avoid the sewage water or any other source that may be contaminated with organic or industrial waste products because of health hazards to yourself and others. There are plenty of fascinating life forms to explore in safer environments! The main thing is to be safe, explore, learn, and have fun!
Perry
Insatiably curious.