New, but wanting to learn

What is your microscopy history? What are your interests? What equipment do you use?
SilverWolf

New, but wanting to learn

#1 Post by SilverWolf » Sat Jan 23, 2021 4:24 am

Hello all,
I know next to nothing but am interested and wondering about microscopy as a hobby. I want to be able to capture and share images and video (mainly to share with my wife and for recording/reviewing etc), I also have an interest in birds so I imagine crop and stool samples can hold a world of information as to the animals health/condition etc.

I have started watching a couple of MicrobeHunters videos and had already bought myself a Swift 380T, I have not as yet received the microscope. Not sure on what is the best way to capture and share images/video as yet, I'm hoping there is a simple USB/HDMI mini- eyepiece cam that can be usable at a reasonable price (say under $500 AUD) or adapters I could use my EOS 7D DSLR. I think I'd like a eyepiece cam as a first preference, no idea as to what else I need. So I'm here to lurk and learn from you all.

Thanks in advance to all for the treasure of shared information you have here.
Cheers
Wolf
Cheers
Wolf :ugeek:

Greg Howald

Re: New, but wanting to learn

#2 Post by Greg Howald » Sat May 01, 2021 2:50 am

Be very careful. So many different microscopes. So many different subjects. So many different methods of doing this and that and that other thing over there. If the bug bites you, you won't ever be bored for the rest of your life and like me you'll own fourteen microscopes and 5000 specimens. It's a great hobby and a great education.😃
Greg

mcdanielmark473

Re: New, but wanting to learn

#3 Post by mcdanielmark473 » Thu May 06, 2021 8:14 am

Nice to see you all here. I remember that at school we had a Swift microscope, but I can’t say what model it was. It was quite interesting to use it.